Thread: "Post-ban" Compliant Build Project, version 1

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

"Post-ban" Compliant Build Project, version 1

Some of you may have noticed my self-educated attempts to flesh out an "AW ban" compliant build that does not get too expensive and is not embarrassing to take out of state. Here is version 1: RRA upper, BCM standard mid-length bbl, RRA BCG (with properly staked key), YHM bolt-on gas block and front sight, Spikes lower, Stag LPK, RRA handguards, and Numrich '60s era A1 buttstock (with my first camo attempt to cover all the abuse that old stock showed), pinned PWS.

Thanks to all who helped me struggle through bbl installation, refinishing the stock, and all my other cries for help.

Last edited by Amicus; 08-13-10 at 20:07. Reason: Forgot stuff
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    As a ban state resident.... I feel ya!!!

Nice job on the rifle. How is the A1 stock working for you? I'm running an ACE skeleton on my Bushy 16" A3 carbine, that originally came w/ an A2. Considering going w/ a Sully or ACE Entry.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    As a ban state resident.... I feel ya!!!

Nice job on the rifle. How is the A1 stock working for you? I'm running an ACE skeleton on my Bushy 16" A3 carbine, that originally came w/ an A2. Considering going w/ a Sully or ACE Entry.
    Having a rather "average" build and reach, I like the A1 stock. While the A2 is not a long stock, by any means, it was designed as a target stock and the A1 allows me to easily "square up" to the target (rather than "blade") and get a "nose to charging handle" sight picture.

It's a bit hard to find an A1 stock these days. It appears that they are available from Cav Arms or surplus, and some of the surplus ones are pretty ratty (but fun to paint).

I find the ACE skeleton stock to be too short for me (at least, the one I usually work with, which is very short). They're fine for drills and slicing the pie, but not stable enough for me when I actually try to shoot something at 50 yards or so.

I'll have to take a look at the demonstration AR with an ACE to see how long the LOP is.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley