Thread: building a Noveske light recce

Feedback Score

building a Noveske light recce

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and custom builds. I just bought my Noveske N4 5.56 lower and have 8 days to figure out how I will build it. So far I have decided to go for the noveske upper 16" light recce with VIS basic. http://riflegear.com/p-468-noveske-n...sic-upper.aspx

The other parts I am considering:
    Magpul UBR stock
    Magpul MIAD grip
    Magpul Pmag 10rd (california)
    Harris Bipod
    Surefire light

I have not decided on a lower parts kit yet. Since I am building a Noveske quality rifle (upper & lower) what would you suggest I use for lower receiver parts kit of equal quality? These are my options currently. Are they sufficient or should I buy something better elsewhere? http://riflegear.com/c-7-lower-parts-kits.aspx

Thank you in advance and I look forward to updating as I build the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Stag Arms (CMT) LPKs are good to go and I believe what Noveske uses on their lowers. Daniel Defense LPK would be another good choice.

BTW - If you're planning on using a magnified optic then you may consider the Noveske lo-pro uppers.

Cheers
    Life is like a shit sandwich...the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I already had a MOE grip I wanted to use as well as a Giessele SSA for FCG, and wanted to add several other upgrades as well including KNS stainless steel detents, a Norgon ambi mag release, a BADASS ambi selector, so I opted to buy all the other springs and things separately from Brownells.

Feedback Score
    If I would like to add an optic later, can't I just take off the basic front sight and attach a troy flip up on the front?

Also, since I am a California resident, can I benefit in any way from the Noveske switchblock? Obviously I can't have a suppressor...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4poland View Post
    If I would like to add an optic later, can't I just take off the basic front sight and attach a troy flip up on the front?

Also, since I am a California resident, can I benefit in any way from the Noveske switchblock? Obviously I can't have a suppressor...
    If you use an optic with the appropriate height for lower-third co-witness (usually 7mm), you would very likely find that the front sight doesn't intrude on your optic's sight picture to any significant degree.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Also, since I am a California resident, can I benefit in any way from the Noveske switchblock?
    No...

Feedback Score
    I have a couple Noveske rifles. I like the UBR on my 223 Recce, but I think I prefer the Magpul ACS on my 6.8 12.5" SBR.

I suggest trying the ACS stock if you can before you purchase the UBR unless you are set on the UBR.

They are both great, just a personal preference and if you like the ACS you could save some $$.

Oooopppsss. I just noticed you are in CA. Aren't adjustable stocks Evil and Illegal on ARs in CA. If you are tall and have long arms the ACS also has a longer LOP so if you have to pin the adjustable stock and you get the UBR, make sure the LOP is long enough for your preference.
    Last edited by Nevermiss; 08-18-10 at 22:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermiss View Post
    Oooopppsss. I just noticed you are in CA. Aren't adjustable stocks Evil and Illegal on ARs in CA. If you are tall and have long arms the ACS also has a longer LOP so if you have to pin the adjustable stock and you get the UBR, make sure the LOP is long enough for your preference.
    Not necessarily. It is my understanding that (and please insert legal disclaimer here!) most evil features are allowed as long as you have a 10 round (or less) fixed (bullet button) magazine with an off list lower.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It would become a FrankenRifle.