Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XCR-M 308

Feedback Score
    I told the engineers at Robarm to get the SBR-M model done ASAP.

That is more my speed

Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    SR/Magpul mags, correct?

That SBR looks wicked.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    SR/Magpul mags, correct?

That SBR looks wicked.
    Yes, SR25/PMAG.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    The XCR-M .308 will feature a full mil-spec monolithic rail system. Meaning, it wont have a relief cut down the middle of the rail.

About ****ing time this happened.

Is this going to be carried over to the 5.56 version?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Wow, I'm liking the SBR version a lot *anxiously awaits to hear price*
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That SBR will give you AK-47 ballistics, but with two times the recoil and muzzle blast.

Awesome.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    The SBR is photoshopped by VB using the original picture.

Just for informations sake.

Feedback Score
    Supposedly, RobArms will be ready to take pre-orders for this rifle in the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure if they will require a deposit, but I'm a little skeptical of the announcement.

You see, I'm an XCR-L owner for the past 3.5 years who has not had a real problem with my weapon. That is because I've only fired about 2000 rounds thru it. While this may seem odd at first, I'll elaborate to clear things up a bit. I bought my XCR-L when it was the first civilian SCAR compliant weapon - a true marvel of modern engineering with ambi bolt release, quick-change barrel, non-reciprocating side charging handle, etc. Things were looking great about 2.5 years ago when Alex promised a SCAR stock, multiple caliber conversions, a 1:7 twist barrel and other goodies. He even hired a talented customer service liaison to coordinate repairs and upgrades.

Fast forward to today and only about 1/2 of the promises have been fulfilled - none in a timely manner. The stock is still not ready for prime time (just a few more weeks guys) and I'm still stuck with a 1:9 twist barrel. In addition, the girl who coordinated their CS shop left and their CS has already started to regress to the Robinson of old.

So, I refuse to invest any real training, time, or funds into a platform that will not evolve and that has no reliable source of parts/support. I just decided to take off the optics and relegate my "perfect" XCR-L to the back of my safe unless someone needs a bludgeoning to the head. I'll spend my time on the range with AR platforms that have reliable support and parts sourcing.

As for the XCR-M, RobArms can kiss my ass if they think that I'm going to send money to pre-order a weapon that has been promised as "almost ready" for 3 years. From what I can tell, their shop is in a state of disarray and cannot handle the support for the XCR-L, not to mention another platform. I especially love how they announced the pending arrival of the XCR-M and then asked, "what barrel lengths do you guys want?" Jeeez....
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-16-10 at 02:18.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Well, I think it is sexy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    I'm an XCR-L owner for the past 3.5 years who has not had a single malfunction with my weapon. That is because I've only fired about 250 rounds. While this may seem odd at first, I'll elaborate to clear things up a bit.
    Thankfully, I caught your post before you went back and edited it

Care to explain why you say you only shot 250 rounds when on 09-18-2009, 03:16 AM you said the following

I've had an Aimpoint Comp M4 and 3X magnifier mounted on my XCR for 1.5 years - both with Larue mounts. I've never had a problem with several thousand rounds fired. Having said that, this is now a range gun and I've never put it thru a class or run it thru the mud.
    There is a big difference between 1.5 and 3.5 years (only a year has passed), and even a bigger difference between 250 and 2000...

So which is it? Correct me if I am completely off base.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 08-16-10 at 02:42.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast