Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XCR-M 308

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Thankfully, I caught your post before you went back and edited it

Care to explain why you say you only shot 250 rounds when on 09-18-2009, 03:16 AM you said the following

There is a big difference between 1.5 and 3.5 years (only a year has passed), and even a bigger difference between 250 and 2000...

So which is it? What is the truth and what is the lie?
    All truth, no lies. But nice try.

My original post intended to say something to the effect of 250 rounds without a single malfunction. I've actually put a little over 2K, but I had a couple of misfeeds that were probably mag or break-in related during the first 500-1000 round. Thus, I settled on the more fair and descriptive statement that I've put 2K without major problems since it runs fine now. Please note that the correction was made within 15 min of proof reading.

I originally ran the rifle with the YH irons for the first year, but didn't shoot it that much. I bought it in early Winter 2007. I added the CompM4 when they first came out in late 2007 or early 2008 and the 3X magnifier a short time later. You might note that I invested in these items right around the time that Alex promised the SCAR stock et al.

My argument is not with the performance or design so I have no reason to lie. Instead, it's the poor support that keeps me from trusting the system. Do you disagree?
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-16-10 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    BTW, the CompM4 and 3x mag are now sitting on a SCAR. Another system that has really dazzled me with a plethora of spare parts and support. Eventually, I'll learn my lesson...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    Do you disagree?
    Nope. My SCAR is gone for that very reason.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    I've maintained that Alex is a brilliant designer. It's his execution when it comes to supporting older projects that leaves much to be desired.

Thus, I'm going focus on updating my other .308 platforms rather than jump head first into the XCR-M. If he is able to bring a reliable package to the market and a steady supply of parts for 4-5 years, I may bite. Until then, no friggen way.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-16-10 at 03:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    I've maintained that Alex is a brilliant designer. It's his execution when it comes to supporting older projects that leaves much to be desired.

Thus, I'm going focus on updating my other .308 platforms rather than jump head first into the XCR-M. If he is able to bring a reliable package to the market and a steady supply of parts for 4-5 years, I may bite. Until then, no friggen way.
    I'm sitting the whole affair out. I'll finish off some AR15 uppers and builds, then I am taking a break from big gun purchases.

If I were getting a .308 it would be an M1A scout.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    The SBR is photoshopped by VB using the original picture.

Just for informations sake.
    I figured it was photoshop.

Before anyone gets feelings hurt, my comment on the "big AK" is applicable whether it's a HK 51, DSA OSW, or one of these Robarms guns with a 11" barrel.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I figured it was photoshop.

Before anyone gets feelings hurt, my comment on the "big AK" is applicable whether it's a HK 51, DSA OSW, or one of these Robarms guns with a 11" barrel.

Ive never understood the appeal, or the point, of .308 carbines with foot long barrels on them

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydkristmas View Post
    Ive never understood the appeal, or the point, of .308 carbines with foot long barrels on them
    You get an AK-47 and a flamethrower with every pull of the tigger as seen in the movie Aliens. Good times, good times....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydkristmas View Post
    Needing a handy carbine for short range use with better barrier penetration than 5.56, and being limited to 5.56 or 7.62x51 ammo.

For other than the above 6.8 is a far better choice for a foot of barrel, plus it comes in a smaller and lighter gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Needing a handy carbine for short range use with better barrier penetration than 5.56, and being limited to 5.56 or 7.62x51 ammo.

For other than the above 6.8 is a far better choice for a foot of barrel, plus it comes in a smaller and lighter gun.
    Exactamundo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast