Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: XCR-M 308

Feedback Score
    I'm glad to see that Alex is making some changes to his shop - hopefully it will help him with his new products.

Also, I assume that his "Fagpul" comments are directed at the ACR's bolt release. To be fair, I'd say that both Magpul and RobArms modeled the design after the FAL bolt release. Referring to Magpul as "copycats" is an example of what makes me question Alex's grasp of reality and be skeptical of his promises.

Feedback Score
    Skeptical of Alex's promises . Well let's see, he promised 5.56, 6.8 SPC, and 7.62 calibers..........yep they're available. He promised various factory barrel lengths, 7.5", 9", 11", 12", 16", & 18"............yep they're available. He promised a pistol, micro, mini, & full length uppers..............yep they're available. He also promised a new stock and XCR-M. Well we have pictures posted of a working XCR-M prototype and I have a good friend whom I trust that has seen first hand, the new stock. I would say Alex keeps his promises..........maybe not a quickly as you would like but he does keep them.

MadDog
    Last edited by MadDog; 08-18-10 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Skeptical of Alex's promises . Well let's see, he promised 5.56, 6.8 SPC, and 7.62 calibers..........yep they're available.
    But where's the 6.5 like he promised?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsmwd View Post
    But where's the 6.5 like he promised?
    Or the 1:7 twist barrels. The 1:9 twist is a big reason why XCR is on the back bench.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    Jack-O,
    my concern about the solicitation of barrel lengths is based on the notion that the piston system will have to differ depending on barrel length. This implies that the consumers will beta-test the early production models if the weapon is released in a couple of months.
    different barrel lengths and gas system lengths have been thoroughly tested and the requirements for the gas system are well known to him at this point. the solicitation is for sales purposes only, not for beta testing.

love how RA has produced so many variations of the XCR-l but there is always one other thing that's missing. I suspect it'll ALWAYS be that way for some folks particularly on teh interwebs and among those not inclined to purchase.

the 1-7 barrel is available now but in limited quantity. I actually saw one on a new rifle a month ago with my own eyes.

funny thing about barrel twist is that in real life the 1-9 in the XCR stabilizes everything I've run thru it just fine. I think some folks are more interested in numbers than results and few will ever see any benefit to a 1-7 in the XCR, as the faster twist barrels seem to be un-needed until about 300 yards with only the heaviest of projectiles. I have a 1-8 twist and 1-9 and they are REALLY close in on target results and both stabilize the heavy bullets just fine.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    different barrel lengths and gas system lengths have been thoroughly tested and the requirements for the gas system are well known to him at this point. the solicitation is for sales purposes only, not for beta testing.

love how RA has produced so many variations of the XCR-l but there is always one other thing that's missing. I suspect it'll ALWAYS be that way for some folks particularly on teh interwebs and among those not inclined to purchase.

the 1-7 barrel is available now but in limited quantity. I actually saw one on a new rifle a month ago with my own eyes.

funny thing about barrel twist is that in real life the 1-9 in the XCR stabilizes everything I've run thru it just fine. I think some folks are more interested in numbers than results and few will ever see any benefit to a 1-7 in the XCR, as the faster twist barrels seem to be un-needed until about 300 yards with only the heaviest of projectiles. I have a 1-8 twist and 1-9 and they are REALLY close in on target results and both stabilize the heavy bullets just fine.
    Are these available thru RobArms or a distributer...any info would be helpful. Also, I do actually own an XCR so my comments are not from the peanut gallery of non-owner critics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    That SBR will give you AK-47 ballistics, but with two times the recoil and muzzle blast.

Awesome.
    And double the ammunition cost.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    Are these available thru RobArms or a distributer...any info would be helpful. Also, I do actually own an XCR so my comments are not from the peanut gallery of non-owner critics.
    from the factory i think. They took a request from me for a 1-7 barrel a while back. I never was asked for a deposit or anything tho. and I have not gotten it yet.

frankly I'd call Kermit Zahm at wild thang farms and have him wrangle you one up. it'll be faster and less hassle.

I will say that I am a bit skeptical of the NEED for a 1-7 tho, for some reason the barrels in the XCR seem to act like they are a faster twist than they claim. my old 1-8 would spin 50gr varmint bullets into dust right outside the muzzle.
    Last edited by Jack-O; 08-23-10 at 10:15.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    I want a 1/7 barrel pretty badly. My late 06/early 07 1/9 barrel doesn't shoot 75gr tap for shit even at 50 yards, so the 'inside 300 yards' argument doesn't hold water with me personally.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345