Thread: a quick thank you to benchmade customer service

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

a quick thank you to benchmade customer service

the axis lock springs on my benchmade presidio broke, so i finally got around to sending it in for repair last monday . i got it back today (7 days later) new springs, blade sharpened, they even included a replacement pocket clip with screws, in case i wanted to replace it. they left my original one on, which is a bit scratched up. I'll probably change it out eventually. nice touch.

the new springs feel a bit stiffer than the older ones, perhaps benchmade rev'd this part

great service.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I need to send mine back in, I think my spring is broken too.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's the way a company should take care of it's customers....unfortunately not every company adheres to that philosophy.
    Last edited by TOrrock; 08-16-10 at 16:46.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    the axis lock springs on my benchmade presidio broke, so i finally got around to sending it in for repair last monday . i got it back today (7 days later) new springs, blade sharpened, they even included a replacement pocket clip with screws, in case i wanted to replace it. they left my original one on, which is a bit scratched up. I'll probably change it out eventually. nice touch.

the new springs feel a bit stiffer than the older ones, perhaps benchmade rev'd this part

great service.

have a presidio myself. relatively new, been a great knife so far. just curious...did you break both springs? old knife, high miles?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mat10x View Post
    have a presidio myself. relatively new, been a great knife so far. just curious...did you break both springs? old knife, high miles?
    honestly less than a year. both springs broke. one about a month after the other.
    i tend to play with it a bit, though i don't think in excess. bad batch of springs maybe?
    I'm certainly willing to give it another chance. I've never heard of anyone else having an issue with an axis lock.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My experiences with Benchmade's customer service have all been outstanding. Granted, my dealings with them have been to take advantage of their lifetime sharpening and maintenance service (I've never had anything of theirs break). Every time I've sent a knife to them, it's not only been sharpened but, cleaned and with worn parts replaced.

Now, if they'd just bring back the Axis-lock AFCK...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My experience has been the same. Good folks.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck