Thread: Tac Sol AR-22 LT Hogue Handguard Removal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    92 (100%)

Tac Sol AR-22 LT Hogue Handguard Removal?

I just bought (well it's in the mail...) the Tac Sol AR- 22 LT... The guys at the local gun shop said I couldn't remove the stock metal hand guard.

Is this the case? I would assume that there would be nothing different with this model...

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Like I said at VA Arms the muzzle piece is perm. attached so that you don't accidently make it into a SBR.

If you can get Tac Sol to remove and reattach that muzzle piece then you can have them add a different barrel nut for something else like a LaRue, DD or Troy rail. Otherwise you're stuck with that FF tube that's on it.

Later,
    Robb
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    92 (100%)
    Got it! Not second guessing you, just didn't understand it in the shop today. Now that I see a written explanation it all makes sense!
    Thanks for the help today!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have an ar22 lt

I took the factory smooth tube and smooth tube barrel nut off by unscrewing the handguard and then using a strap wrench to unscrew the smooth tube barrel nut from the receiver threads.

now I am left with the bare barrel and the receiver threads. what do I need to install a Samson evolution rail? does it come with a barrel nut or do I order that thing separately?
    Last edited by trinydex; 02-15-14 at 04:11.