Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting there...

Feedback Score

Getting there...

after some help from a local floridian himself with the rail cutting today, almost done with this build:

Feedback Score
    Sweeeettt..

You should have you friend cut out the notches on the front of the rail so the KAC rail panels with lock on...

And if anyone else is interested in dimpling a barrel or the unobtanium KAC FSB, let me know.

Feedback Score
    thats a nice lookin rifle.

what are the specs on that rifle if you dont mind me asking

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by altav View Post
    Sweeeettt..

You should have you friend cut out the notches on the front of the rail so the KAC rail panels with lock on...
    i dont run to many pannels, just towards to the receiver for the grip, grip-pod will be the main grip for this rifle in the end

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by miserai View Post
    thats a nice lookin rifle.

what are the specs on that rifle if you dont mind me asking
    barrel is a lilja mod 1 (ss 1-8 twist) from MSTN
    everything else are just kac parts, with an LMT stock on the end

Feedback Score
    You should nickname the gun "Tiger Woods" with that golf ball pattern on the barrel.

Nice stick!
    "I can't think of nothin' finer than a fine naked woman holding a gun." --- Frankie Figs

Feedback Score
    did some weighing, barrel weighted 35.5 ounces shipped from Wes @ MSTN, barrel after dimpling weights 29.5 ounces.

Feedback Score
    Who did the barrel dimpling?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice project Derek. Why the cutting? I mean, I understand to fit the FSB but is that not the proper rail for it or was that combo not ever offered together?

I cut new notches in my DD rails with a dremel and hand file and no, they don't look bad. I even sent it to Jay at DD and he re-anodized it all and laser engraved the numbers it didn't have before because it was an older model. He commented that he thought I did a nice job considering...

So, it can be done and would finish it off nicely.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Nice project Derek. Why the cutting? I mean, I understand to fit the FSB but is that not the proper rail for it or was that combo not ever offered together?

I cut new notches in my DD rails with a dremel and hand file and no, they don't look bad. I even sent it to Jay at DD and he re-anodized it all and laser engraved the numbers it didn't have before because it was an older model. He commented that he thought I did a nice job considering...

So, it can be done and would finish it off nicely.
    Finding that damn rail was hard enough, and they seem to only pop up for civies as rifle/carbine length

SO it was either cut the rifle down to fit the midlength, or retrofit a fake gas tube going from a real gas block out to the front sight

or get drastic with the barrel, which i didn't want to do

i liked the second option alot more
    The rifle had a lot of dremel/wire taken to it, the rail and receiver, considering the unobtanium invovled, it was a go or no go process

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast