Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for a new knife..need a little input

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks RogerinTPA!!! I appreciate the thumbs up!!!
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TALLEY1013 View Post
    I am in the market for a new fixed blade knife. I am looking for something that is very durable with an approx. 4-6" blade. My inclination is to get something without a serrated blade but I am open to suggestion. I would like to use this knife as a jack of all trades, go to knife. I like the gerber lmf in that it is capable of performing multiple tasks but dont really care for the large serrated blade portion. I would like your input as far as what you have used and what works for you. Also, I would like to keep this purchase in the $100 price range. Thanks for the help guys. There are so many knives that fit the bill and I would really like some help weeding the bad ones out.
    RAT RC-4 and a Lansky Quick Fix sharpener.

Feedback Score
    I have a RC4 that i really like for all my non-work related uses. Everyday at work i carry a CRKT MUK, http://www.crkt.com/MUK. It holds it's edge well enough that i only have to sharpen about once a week, and I'm willing to bet that my blade sees a lot more abuse than a lot others. I like that it's cheap to, since I have a pretty good chance of breaking it. It spends most it's life cutting landscape fabric, burlap, pvc, digging around irrigation lines and valves. Easily the best knife I've ever found for the money. The RC4 is easily the better knife but, if it's a knife that you're going to abuse I'd look at a MUK
    Last edited by superr.stu; 08-30-10 at 21:51.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234