Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So please tell me, why do people buy Colts?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

So please tell me, why do people buy Colts?

I just got my first BCM upper today (a4 barreled upper). I really can't describe how good it looks or how solidly the BCG locked into the barrel extension. This rifle is an M16A4 clone, and it looks and feels exactly like a real M16A4, only the finish and fit is better. So why do people still get Colts? I've shot/handled 6920s and 6940s, and they have nothing on the BCM. Nothing. In fact, if you put a BCM upper next to a Colt upper, I bet everyone would pick the BCM upper for being higher quality, it wouldn't be until they saw the pony on the lower that they'd reconsider.

I have bought 2 rifles NIB before, and ordered an upper from a mid-tier company. This blows them away.

I don't have any pics because I haven't installed the KAC rail. I scratched up the delta ring assembly already, this is a PITA to install. Once I get it on sometime this afternoon I will get pics in the AR pics thread.

Next week my 2nd upper arrives (14.5 ML) , can't wait.

FWIW, the color matches perfectly to a Spikes Tactical lower, with just a bit of play, barely noticeable.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-24-10 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Colt has maintained their standard of excellence for a while - BCM is a relatively newcomer, and BravoCompany can't always supply the numbers of components needed for larger organizations. If you're sticking with a simple rifle format, the 6920s are a great value as a used weapon - but for more recent free floated non-government contour weapons BCM, DD, LMT, Noveske, Centurion are miles ahead.

I certainly won't argue that a BCM or DD isn't a better value, but there are still reasons to get a Colt that go beyond a pony on the lower. When BCM started out their stated goal was to produce a weapon specced very similar to the Colt, but with a couple added features and a different price point.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 08-24-10 at 18:08.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Well, I have two Noveskes, and they not only are smooth as silk, but pretty as hell too. But sometimes I really like the way my LE6920 shoots even better.

Feedback Score
    BCM really isn't "higher" quality than Colt unless you're talking looks and even then it's questionable. i have seen many 6920's that came from the factory in perfect condition.
    Last edited by rychencop; 08-24-10 at 18:23.
    “If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.”

Feedback Score
    There are numerous quality ARs out there in the market and I for one, am glad that more than a few have decided to make them to such a high standard. Doing so gives us more of a selection to choose from ( BCM, Noveske, LMT, Daniel Defense). Colt is still the gold standard as far as M4 type carbine gas platforms are concerned. IMHO, those four offer more selection overall. The midlengths being the most efficient gas system in a carbine type AR, with the rifle length being the best over all. As soon as Colt opens their eyes, I'm sure they will being playing catch up as far as offering middys as an option.

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't know if you meant for this thread to be a Colt bashing thread or not, but it probably will go over better if you posted it on other errornet forums with similar platforms.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 08-24-10 at 18:37.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    but I don't know if you meant for this thread to be a Colt bashing thread or not
    I think it's more of a BCM kicks ass thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I think it's more of a BCM kicks ass thread.
    If that is the case then they certainly do....
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yes, definitely not a Colt bashing thread, but a BCM praise thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I just got my first BCM upper today (a4 barreled upper). I really can't describe how good it looks or how solidly the BCG locked into the barrel extension. This rifle is an M16A4 clone, and it looks and feels exactly like a real M16A4, only the finish and fit is better. So why do people still get Colts? I've shot/handled 6920s and 6940s, and they have nothing on the BCM. Nothing. In fact, if you put a BCM upper next to a Colt upper, I bet everyone would pick the BCM upper for being higher quality, it wouldn't be until they saw the pony on the lower that they'd reconsider.
    Quality has little to do with how a gun looks, otherwise we would all get gold-plated proof guns.

BTW, if the finish is better than a M16A4, then isn't that a comparison to FN, not Colt? Again though, how the finish looks is not what matters, how long it lasts and protects the gun is what counts.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Legacy

My father has Colt's, his father, brothers, etc... And so do I. Nothing special just they have been in the game long enough to have zero doubts in your mind upon purchasing. Saying that I own BCM, DD, and Noveske. And am patiently waiting for a 14.5 LW Midlength from BCM or DD.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast