Page 140 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 3563

Thread: AK Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray T View Post
    Rifle Dynamics / Haley Strategic Partners 74.

That is a beautiful rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    With the 22mm NATO rifle grenade spigot.

Templar, does that use blanks or live rounds to launch grenades?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Templar, does that use blanks or live rounds to launch grenades?
    It actually uses special blanks just for the purpose of propelling rifle grenades. And you shoot it resting butstock on the ground and without gripping pistol grip with your thumb. Kick is quite violent and can easily hurt you. A lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvelimir View Post
    It actually uses special blanks just for the purpose of propelling rifle grenades. And you shoot it resting butstock on the ground and without gripping pistol grip with your thumb. Kick is quite violent and can easily hurt you. A lot.
    I know how to fire rifle grenades. You do realize that some rifle grenades are designed to be fired with live ammunition, right? This is why I was asking. I was not immediately familiar with this type of rifle grenade.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22_mm_grenade

I had the opportunity to fire a number of practice grenades from an M1A with a grenade launching device, and on a separate occasion, even a live SIMON rifle grenade from an M4 (oddly enough as a civilian after I had ETS'd). The recoil was fierce.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 10-23-11 at 02:02.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Yugo rifle grenades use blanks.

However, Yugoslavia was not part of the Warsaw Pact, and while they used their own home grown AK's, the grenade spigot uses 22mm NATO base rifle grenades, so if you showed up with some NATO spec bullet trap rifle grenades, I don't see why you couldn't use them.

The Serbs love them some rifle grenades.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry I gave too extensive explanation about rifle grenades. Silly me to think that there might be someone without any experience with them.

Templar, I will correct you one one thing. Serbs love them mortars more than rifle grenades. They just love to sit around eating and drinking and every now and then lob a 82mm or 122mm over the hill on unprotected civilians.

We, defenders of Sarajevo liked rifle grenades probably more because that was for the most part our only artillery. Lot of those were made in a small shops, some of them even using a fuse you light with your cigarette. Unfortunately, there's not many photos of that because it was far more dangerous for any photograph to be on our side taking pictures and documenting our fight.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Definitely appreciate the first person narrative.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvelimir View Post
    I'm sorry I gave too extensive explanation about rifle grenades. Silly me to think that there might be someone without any experience with them.

Templar, I will correct you one one thing. Serbs love them mortars more than rifle grenades. They just love to sit around eating and drinking and every now and then lob a 82mm or 122mm over the hill on unprotected civilians.

We, defenders of Sarajevo liked rifle grenades probably more because that was for the most part our only artillery. Lot of those were made in a small shops, some of them even using a fuse you light with your cigarette. Unfortunately, there's not many photos of that because it was far more dangerous for any photograph to be on our side taking pictures and documenting our fight.
    Interesting post. I do enjoy reading accounts of folks who have been there and done that.

When you say "defenders of Sarajevo", may I ask which ethnic group you were associated with?

Pic Thread:

Feedback Score
    I'm a true Sarajevan. A vanishing breed. On my father's side family is predominantly Serbian Orthodox, but not 100%. On my mother's side Roman-Catholic. See, the problem in that part of the world is that people mix religion with ethnicity. If you're Roman-Catholic, you're considered Croatian, if you're Orthodox you're considered Serb. Total idiocy.

Anyway, in the old days while Tito was alive and shortly after his death anybody who didn't feel falling into one of the ethnic boxes liked to call themselves Yugoslavians. I belonged to that group, but once my hometown was attacked I have turned into a local-patriot. All I cared was not to let chetniks take over Sarajevo.

I fought in regular Bosnian army, what many have referred to as "muslim army", my wife is muslim, and I can tell you that in many aspects I'm better muslim than some born muslims - so, in few words - I'm what I believe a vanishing breed - real 30%+30%+30+8%+2%=100% Sarajevan. (2% is for a Gypsy and any other god-know-what gene might be in my cells).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know a lot of the people in Germany and Austria were very upset with that little war. I guess with it only having been 40-50yrs since WWII it really freaked them out. That and the fact that a lot of serbs, croates looked european and it was hard to tell the difference between the sides if you weren't directly involved........unless of course you saw a tank or other pieces of heavy equipment in the picture, then you knew it was 99% likely to be serbian. what a mess that was.
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Page 140 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast