Thread: EMF - J R Carbine

Feedback Score

EMF - J R Carbine

Anyone shot one of these yet (hopefully put it through it's paces)? http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/...RBINE-c268.htm

Looking for some insight as I'm finding it pretty hard to resist picking one up in 9mm and thus far I haven't been interested in any of the 9mm AR lowers out there... makes a lot of sense to me as I spend most of my time training with a Glock 9mm pistol anyhow, and this would be allowed on any of the ranges I frequent without a problem (my fancy 5.56 mostly collects dust as there aren't many rifle-caliber ranges near me to really put it to use all that often), plus, think I've already got plenty of mags and 9mm is still fairly cheap too...

I shoot IDPA and it would fit into the new Stock Pistol Caliber Carbine (SPCC) DMG/3-gun division too which is cool.

Also, this little guy would be getting iron sights only, so any suggestions?
    Thinking I'd like to get a hold of a set that has an annular front sight like an MP5 as I find them a little faster...

TIA.
    Last edited by ck1; 08-23-10 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've heard a few people shooting them recently and say that they need help...
    The extractor is a big issue with this system although they say that milspec parts will fit this weapon. I specifically asked them about ability to put a different forearm and also asked them if the stock tube was milspec. They informed me it was. I considered this platform but I'm still waiting on them to arrive with an XD9 compatible model. I think the system can run but it'll take a little more fine tuning with it to get it where people are going to run with it.

Here's a little write up about it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=48&t=317039

It appears that it might be a good and fun firearm sometime around the first of the year.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    Wow, doesn't sound ready for consumption just yet... bummer.

Maybe their upgrades will iron it out but I'll have to wait I guess, it's a kick-ass concept IMO so I'll keep my ears open but that review isn't exactly what I was hoping for, still at half the cost of the Lone Wolf 9mm lower + a 9mm upper, hope they get it figured out, it'll probably get popular fast if it runs.