Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Daniel Defense DDM4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    How are you liking the EXPS? Is the mount holding up well?
    Hello Alric, I don't have enough rounds on the EXPS to say but my XPS on another carbine has been rocking on fine with zero issues.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    Hello Alric, I don't have enough rounds on the EXPS to say but my XPS on another carbine has been rocking on fine with zero issues.
    I'm a bit concerned about the fragility of the throw lever. It's awfully thin and seems to be aluminum. I could see it snapping if you have it adjusted tightly and then transferred it to a slightly wider rail.

All speculation at this point though. My EXPS has not snapped and I have not heard of others snapping.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LONGBOWAH View Post
    1-way range notwithstanding, your are correct...further forward offers better "both eyes open" shooting.
    I don't know - if this was the case than I would think that anyone with a decent handguard, especially a monolithic handguard, would mount their red dots on the handguard as is en vogue with the AK/ultimak/micro aimpoint.

I prefer the FOV that is mostly through the EOTech, with the off eye still offering periferial vision to my left. Mounted far forward, I feel like a significantly larger part of my downrange view is obscured by the frame and the cover. Sure, perifery is important but perhaps not if it's at the cost of the downrange FOV.

Sorry to drag us off topic.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    VA Dinger,

Nice rifle you have. I don't have the rifle but I do have the rail. While manipulating the switch on the x300 do you have any problems with excess heat on your thumbs? I don't know b/c I have a shaved PRI gasblock on mine. I was curious about running this same set up on my next rifle (x300 with stock front sight). Thanks for any input.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    VA Dinger,

Nice rifle you have. I don't have the rifle but I do have the rail. While manipulating the switch on the x300 do you have any problems with excess heat on your thumbs?

-Jax
    I'm not Paul but I have a DDM4 set up in that same configuration. I never had any problem with any heat issue. I've used that set up in a class. Many others in the class had similar set up and they did not have any heat issue.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sam I appreciate the reply and nice to know that!

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Here's one of mine. I'm a big fan of the extended rail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Cunningham View Post
    Excellent configuration. Have you seen this upper from DD?

Daniel Defense M4 URG, v1 LW (14.5 in. Lightweight Barrel)

Pretty cool option with a pencil barrel.
    I noticed it and really liked it. I decided to go with a standard M4 barrel for this one though. I purchased a factory DD LW w/ 7" DD rail a few months ago. So far I love it. There is a a lot to be said for the LW barrel set-ups.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wasn't a big fan of these sorts of rail systems until my friend picked one up. For those that want to run a carbine length gas system, and GI FSB these just flat-out make sense.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I have the exact same setup with X30 0and BFG sling. I just run it iron sights for now. I really like how it balances and teh X300 + vfg and omega rail is a great combo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast