Thread: MAK 90 value

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

MAK 90 value

I have noticed that MAK 90's seem to be on the mid-upper end as far as price range, even though they are thumbhole stock, non threaded muzzle, no bayonet lug, etc. Is this just due to them being considered a higher quality gun as compared to ROMAKs or WASR 10 modifed to take double stack, etc... I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Eric
    aka Stik

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You nailed it.

Most guys who are into AK's tend to put the factory built Chinese rifles way ahead of the Romanian factory stuff that Century is selling.

Even in post ban configuration, they're worth more. You can unban them and have a great AK.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks, I was in the shop the other day and they had one still stock next to some shoddy underfolders and still wanted more for the Mak 90.

I guess you could say I have unbanned mine, LOL. Not crazy about the tapco stock or pinned on muzzle brake. Love the ultimak and windage adjustable rear sight though and the SAW grip and TDI fore end make it a little more diverse.

Are there any options as to somehow threading the muzzle again to take standard AK brakes/hiders?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You can rent a threading die for 1/14mmLH.

Does your front sight have a hole in it for the detent?
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Nah, i believe it was all welded smooth and the original threads were ground down and whole thing then re-blued/refinished. I though about threading it, then putting a "sleeve" over that to get the proper OD and then threading that to the proper dimentions of a true pre-ban AK barrel, then drilling the hole where the detent used to be and putting a new one in, but then just said to hell with it, it shoots good as is with the pinned on brake (3-4 " groups at 100yds w/ a aimpoint on the ultimak). One of those things I don't have the tools, time or patience to do myself and it really wouldn't be worth sending it off and paying to have it done.