Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good red dot or scope under 300$?

Feedback Score

good red dot or scope under 300$?

I built my first AR a couple of weeks ago and I've been looking for a good optic to replace the tasco red dot i got for 20$.

I ether want to get a red dot or a 1-4x scope with a lighted reticle.

I know 300$ isn't a lot to work with but I really don't have to much money for this. I still need to buy a flash hider and rear sight ($180).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    you can find used aimpoints for significantly less than 3, if you's look around. ebay from a highly rated seller, the EE here and on TOS, gunbroker, etc.

a buddy picked up a used m4 for like $300 at a local pawn shop... apparently they didn't do their homework. i am jealous, and like him less now.

Feedback Score
    29 (97%)
    Try the C-More Railway I think they are like $250-300 and I hear they are pretty nice
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Semper Paratus AR-15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    i bought an Aimpoint M3 for $275.00 on the Equipment Exchange here at M4C... you just have to be patient and check each day, with money at the ready.

Feedback Score
    I want to stay away from used stuff, I don't want to end up taking a chance if it will hold up or not.

That C-more looks like what I have been looking for.
    I prefer reflex over normal red dots too.

Thanks this is probably what i will end up getting unless i find something better.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ack... why pay hundreds of dollars for something that's notorious sucky when another $60-70 can get you something professional grade, break-proof, and with a constant-on battery life of 50,000 hours at daylight intensity? NEW.

personally, knowing aimpoints, i'd take a beat to shit used M2 over a brand new c-more.

and reflex and red-dot are one in the same.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 08-27-10 at 23:46.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by v0dka View Post
    I want to stay away from used stuff, I don't want to end up taking a chance if it will hold up or not.
    With an Aimpoint you shouldn't have any issues as they are basically bomb proof. If something does go wrong their customer service should take care of it. For a few $ more you shouldn't have any issues finding a lightly used C3 or ML2 (some excellent deals currently in the EE).

Buy once cry once as you will be glad you did in the long run.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Get a used Aimpoint over a new C-More any day of the week, Aimpoints function 100% even when they look beat to shit, and C-More's suck right out of the box. I got my "used" Aimpoint M3 that was new in box for $375, now that many are switching to T1/H1 you can get a good deal on older models out there.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    a used Aimpoint trumps a new c-less all day every day. and if there are any issues with the Aimpoint not related to abuse I'd bet that Aimpoint would take care of you.

Christ, I think brand new ML2s can be found for $375.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    There is a $300 Aimpoint C3 on the EE RIGHT NOW...
    My fear is that ahh, the whole island will ahh, become so overly populated, that it will tip over and ahh, and capsize...
    Hank Johnson (D) GA YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast