Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ??? regarding price on Colt MkVI series 80

Feedback Score

??? regarding price on Colt MkVI series 80

While out visiting some local shops today I ran across what appeared to be a pretty nice Colt MkVI series 80! They were asking $600 for it, is this the screaming deal I think it might be!? I have very little experience with 1911's. The finish was really nice, as if it sat in the box for most of it's life, there was no sloppiness in any of the moving parts and nothing looked or felt worn out!? opinions please?
    "....merely owning a rifle, no more makes you a rifleman, than having a piano makes you a musician!"--Col. Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That is a good deal....depending on the finish. Is it blued, SS, or Parked? If it is blued or SS I would say it's excellent deal, even if it is parked I would say it is still a good deal just not "as" good. A 600 dollar Colt is a good deal, buy it...if not tell me where it is! Does it look like it has been worked on by a hack smith?

Feedback Score
    Blued and appeared to be all original!
    "....merely owning a rifle, no more makes you a rifleman, than having a piano makes you a musician!"--Col. Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Less discussion and more buy. It's 3:50 in the afternoon...which means more than likely the shop is still open. Get keys, grab wallet, hop in car and buy gun. Come home drink a beer and celebrate your new purchase and then post some pics of your new find.

Feedback Score
    ........it's mine!!!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well played, indeed.

AC

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Pics. Or it never happened.

Seriously, nice score. What are you going to do with it, and who is going to do it for you?

Hmmm - Burton, Berryhill...... both members here. Hmmmmmmm.

Feedback Score
    .......pics will have to wait till the wife is out for a while!! she thinks I was running out to get a case of beer when I went back for it!! In fact I told the guy at the shop, if she called my cellphone while I was there, if him and his guys could make it sound more like a stripjoint, and less like a gunshop, the better! I'd be in alot less trouble!!

Feedback Score
    Plans are to keep it as close to stock in appearence as possible, Maybe just Sights, a Match barrel, trigger-work, and whatever springs and other internals to make it more reliable. I was looking at Berryhills' site last night and it said he was'nt taking new orders as of April due to backlog!? I will probably have to wait a little while anyway to get anything done, so I can wait till his work availability changes. I really liked the looks of his work that was put up on the 1911 pic thread!
    Last edited by D.O.B.A; 08-29-10 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would send it to Joe -- one of the best-kept secrets in the business.

AC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast