Thread: Setting up a multi-use/multi-stock rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Setting up a multi-use/multi-stock rifle

Just bought a Rem SPS Tac .308 (20" barrel). I don't have a huge precision rifle budget or a need for 2 different bolt guns in .308, because the hunting (and potential self-defense) type usage is something I do far less frequently. So, I thought maybe I could set up this rifle with 2 stocks and 2 different optics: one profile that is for intermediate range and a hunting/trunk gun type of use, and the other profile that is set up for precision and longer-range target or tactical shooting.

Is this a practical/workable thing to do, and if so, are there are any things I need to consider aside from just getting two different stocks and two different optics? For example, could I make it easier on myself for swapping optics by getting some specialized mounts as opposed to just traditional fixed rings?

Feedback Score
    When you put the words precision and bolt action rifles together it's best to keep it setup. Because switching stocks and optics can cause your zero on your rifle to change which will affect your MOA.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    set up this rifle with 2 stocks
    I'd be concerned with damage or accelerated wear on the bedding material, if used, with the constant changing of the stocks.

Keith