Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosting?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Guys, while this may not be a favorable preference of yours, this practice has been around since before most of us were born. Though I usually see it more with collectibles, or where someone wants to accentuate a favorable serial number or rollmark, it is routinely done by a lot of people. Some are serious, serious collectors and millionaires.

Last edited by SHIVAN; 08-30-10 at 10:27.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    They even make special products, sold at one of the largest gun supply retailers:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7...CQUER_STIK_reg

* Hi-Lights Engraving, Stamped #'s And Names

Highly specialized compound wipes on to bring out stamped or engraved impressions on ALL smooth surfaces. Ideal for guns, parts, accessories. Semi-solid in stick form when used, but soon hardens and becomes permanent.
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 08-30-10 at 10:22.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I always thought that “ghosting” was the end result of a gangbanger “popping a cap in someone’s a$$”,
    or one of my IT geeks making a disk image of my hard drive,
    or another word for “Identify Theft”.

Ya learn something new every day.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Feedback Score
    Attachment 5968

Attachment 5969

Attachment 5970call it what you want, but it does look cool just got it done on the Glock 23, and AR...ill post pics...As for the AR, i saw a few on here that were similar to what i was going for. i went with all Magpul plastics, pmags, ranger plates, and then went with speed plates so my glock mags would pull the same from my mag pouches. the AR is a Bushmaster H-bar, and i have since installed a Vortex Strikefire...i know its china but it works great and i like the way it operates. i have a chrome bcg coming in the mail because i heard Bushmaster can have problems with the factory bcg. ill post a updated pic when i get a chance to take one. also any opinions on the insight m3 light? let me know what you think of my gun, i bought it new from the gun shop i work in early this year. only about 600-650 rounds through it so far but not a single problem (i clean and lube whenever i get a chance). the gun was purchased to be a defensive carbine so any input would be appreciated
    Last edited by OneInchPunch; 05-05-11 at 22:57.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Tacti-cool!

I think I just heard a mall ninja cry out of jealousy!
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    huh? what is a mall ninja?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneInchPunch View Post
    huh? what is a mall ninja?
    http://web.archive.org/web/200304011....com/index.htm
    Last edited by MechEng; 08-30-10 at 18:22.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Feedback Score

Tacti...huh?

ummm yeea, dude...That's just alittle over board. Kinda like slappin' performance parts sticks all over your "race car" to make it look cool. Just painting in the fire/safe markings is all i had in mind...not the whole gun!?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    I think I just heard a mall ninja cry out of jealousy!
    Stop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Don't use nail polish...

When I first bought my XDm I did it with nail polish...DON'T USE THIS ON METAL! It will absorb into the metal and you will have what looks like swabs or patches that are "ghosted" like they will be lighter than the original color. It's not too noticeable but it is obvious under bright light. I've heard that it works great with lacquer pens or whatever they are called. Just don't use nail polish, ha.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast