Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the risks of using a cheap LPK?

Feedback Score
    BCM, LMT, or DD?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonaranchman View Post
    Who (which company and who sells them?) makes high quality LPK's then?
    Hello,

Here's a very high quality LPK.
    http://www.specializedarmament.com/p...EMI-262-4.html
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Outstanding, thanks alot guys. I'll be ordering a kit fromt Grant. I like that he has it broken down as to which parts you need vs the entire set.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    All of my builds utilize either DD or G&R LPK's. I prefer those from Grant as I can sort of pick and choose what I need. I use Geisselle triggers so don't need those or the grips ususally.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have always used Stag/CMT LPK and have never had an issue. The only problems I would be concerned about on poor quality parts would be with the metal treatment. You can visually check for obvious defects but metal treatment problems will show up at the worst time.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Given the availability of quality LPK's, there is zero reason to use Tier Zero parts. I only use Grant's LPK's
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Anyone had any experience with Armalite's LPKs?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcorrea View Post
    Anyone had any experience with Armalite's LPKs?
    I do. with only about 500 rds on it, I can't give a recommendation but my observation is that the selector works well - smooth and positive.

and the two stage trigger is crisp and consistent but a little heavy in the second stage for my tastes. judging by how nicely these parts operate, I would suspect that there are well finished, quality parts inside though, as I said, I can't speculate about their durability.

the bolt catch is a unique part that has the entire face level and serrated. I prefer it to others that have the portion between the catch surface and the release surface recessed.

never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Well the reason I ask is that I put one in my build a few months ago to hold me down until I could get my hands on a Colt LPK. But I have had zero issues with it. The trigger did not feel quite as good as the one on my 6920, but other than that everything seems to run smoothly. I actually am kinda diggin' the Armalite bolt catch as well. That being said, I have not run this carbine particularly hard yet. I have about the same round count on mine as well. I actually am thinking about just getting one of Grant's LPKs and calling it a day. I hear these are very good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    I do. with only about 500 rds on it, I can't give a recommendation but my observation is that the selector works well - smooth and positive.

and the two stage trigger is crisp and consistent but a little heavy in the second stage for my tastes. judging by how nicely these parts operate, I would suspect that there are well finished, quality parts inside though, as I said, I can't speculate about their durability.

the bolt catch is a unique part that has the entire face level and serrated. I prefer it to others that have the portion between the catch surface and the release surface recessed.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I was dumb and bought two DPMS parts kits. Got a couple issues like the mag catch sticking when released and the trigger pins stick out one side just a hair.

I will replace the mag catch and trigger group. But other than that I see no problems with the buffer spring detent, take down pin detents or the bolt release. I know everyone is going to dogpile me for saying this, but can you really screw up a take-down pin detent or a buffer spring detent pin?
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-04-10 at 03:46.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast