Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9MM MAGS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    9mm ammo doesn't really cost all that much less than 5.56 these days. It's also a false economy because you have the cost of the gun, optics, magazines, etc. to factor in as well. Setting up a 9mm AR can cost $1-2k. That's almost 6.5 cases of XM193 or 8 cases of steel-cased ammo.

If my 9mm AR wasn't an SBR, and if I didn't further compound the problem by adding a suppressor to it, I'd sell it off and put the money into 5.56 ammo in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    I wish i had a tax stamp and shorter barrel,but those papers of search you house scares me away . I guess , i am a wimp the least info they got, the better off you are. They want your left arm to buy a gun anyway now.Prices are alot higher than i paid . Looks like good mags will cost me .

Feedback Score
    Rob that is an excellent point. One other reason that one would choose a 9mm ar over a 223 ar is that in many areas of the country, particularly the colder states, there are predominately indoor ranges that only allow pistol calibers. Therefore if one lives in an area like this they should also factor in the time saved by not having to drive to a distant outdoor range. A 22 ar is another option for these indoor ranges but it generates no recoil.

Feedback Score
    I dont know where you get your ammo but it cost me $9.97 for a box of 50 rounds, and the best price I can get at my local walmart is $39.97 for a box of 100 of .223
    I have both but I love my nine it just comes down to what you are looking to do with it.
    I for sure would never shoot anyone coming in my home with a .223 for a number of reasons; 1. It would go right through the person, wall behind them making it very scary with my family behind sheets of drywall, and then possibly passing through to a neighbors home and hurting someone else. 2. Can you imagine what that will do to your ears! indoors C.Q. Oooouch!

Depends on where you live but for me it wouldn't be my first or second choice for self defense...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Layzieyegunman View Post
    I dont know where you get your ammo but it cost me $9.97 for a box of 50 rounds, and the best price I can get at my local walmart is $39.97 for a box of 100 of .223
    I have both but I love my nine it just comes down to what you are looking to do with it.
    I for sure would never shoot anyone coming in my home with a .223 for a number of reasons; 1. It would go right through the person, wall behind them making it very scary with my family behind sheets of drywall, and then possibly passing through to a neighbors home and hurting someone else. 2. Can you imagine what that will do to your ears! indoors C.Q. Oooouch!

Depends on where you live but for me it wouldn't be my first or second choice for self defense...
    There are plenty of threads here for you to read to clear up all your misconceptions. Let's stick to magazines in this one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Layzieyegunman View Post
    I for sure would never shoot anyone coming in my home with a .223 for a number of reasons; 1. It would go right through the person, wall behind them making it very scary with my family behind sheets of drywall, and then possibly passing through to a neighbors home and hurting someone else.
    Your thinking doesn't match the reality of people who have these tested things.

Cliff's notes version: Anything that will reliably stop an attacker has the potential to pass through a fair portion of your home. Or all of it, depending on what it hits.

Full version: Go to the Terminal Ballistics Information sub-forum six spots below this forum and read the stickies. Especially these two.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56486

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=44869

Sorry for the hijack, back to 9mm mags...

Feedback Score
    Back to magazine discussion...

I read all of the opinions regarding 9mm magazines before building my 9mm AR, and there were certainly a lot of strong opinions!
    In the end, I decided to go with un-modified Uzi mags sourced from http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm

They are brand new Israeli magazines from a "German contract overrun", and ammoman even has free shipping.
    Seemed to me to be the most reliable option from a source and use perspective.
    "Keep your teeth sharp Wolverines."
    - Whiskey2

Feedback Score
    I use 32rd Uzi mags also, I don't have any issues with them other than they are tight to load. Very stiff spring but no issues with them as far as reliability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12