Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hats

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Count View Post
    In both cases I met women who thought said hats we Disgusting.
    That merely means everything is As It Should Be.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hmm,

Well if the mercury is real low then I'll don a genuine Polartec fleece watch cap in FDE.

For range sessions then I only go for my SKD Tactical Ball Cap as it is flex fit and no stupid ass button on top to dig into my scalp while I'm wearing my ears.

For around the town in the fall and winter I love to wear my traditional Irish plain weave brown flat cap made by Hanna Hats of Donegal town Ireland. Nothing finer than Donegal Tweed (pure new wool).
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Two of my favorites. The 215 is very nice here in Florida. The Boonie is pretty slick with the fold down rear neck protector.

215 Gear hat by CENTCOM_Survivor, on Flickr

215 Gear hat by CENTCOM_Survivor, on Flickr

MFO Boonie by CENTCOM_Survivor, on Flickr

MFO Boonie by CENTCOM_Survivor, on Flickr
    Last edited by CENTCOM_Survivor; 02-10-11 at 11:32.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Got a new one:

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I've had a hard time finding a had that really fits good and that I like to wear. I don't like the huge tall reinforced front hats. (when I say "hat" I mean ball-cap style) Some fit too low profile, though (the std black Glock hat comes to mind) so I guess I have kindof a big head. My favorite had of all time was an American Eagle Outfitters hat that I rocked from about '98 in High School through most of college. I still have it, but don't wear it (it wouldn't survive much more wear anyway) My next favorite hat after that was a DW drums flexfit hat. That thing was awesome, but when it went from being black to light gray, it was time to retire as well. Since ditching the DW hat, I haven't really gotten comfortable with another one. I have a blue Basspro hat that used to be nice, but I fished all last summer in it, and now it's more gray than blue (like in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" when Tucco mistakes the Union soldiers for Confederates 'cause their uniforms were faded and dusty). I have a Nighthawk Custom hat that was a handout @ work. Honestly I wear it the most 'cause it's the most comfortable, but I feel like a poser and have been embarassed a couple of times when guys are like, "Whoa, you have a Nighthawk?" and I have to say, "No, just the hat". I don't like being a poser and wearing something I don't own. I also don't like being super obvious that I'm a "gun guy", so wearing the fat "Glock" logo hat isn't my favorite either. Honestly, the black Noveske hat with the offset red cross logo looks awesome to me, but the only piece of Noveske gear I own is a QD end plate...again, don't like being a poser. I'd probably prefer a flexfit or just a nice sized fitted hat. Some kind of logo that other gun guys would pickup on, but the average Joe wouldn't. Any Ideas?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    baseball cap- BCM sometimes (U.S. flag operator cap), but if i'm just trying to blend with the bubbas, a run of the mill "feed store" camo cap.

Beanie- for cold weather i sport my Larue watchman cap (coyote)

Boonie- for when its really hot, just a plain jane i picked up at academy...extra wide brim.

Feedback Score
    I can see I am going to have to post a few pictures...

ETA: I have a bunch of hats, but these would be my favorites at the moment.
    Last edited by Wolf Spyder; 02-17-11 at 16:58. Reason: to add pictures
    Spyder

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Ball cap 99% of the time.

Best hat ever the old wool MLB hats by New Era. Soak them in water, put it on and wear it until dry and you had a custom fit. I have 3 "sacred 5950s" that are over a decade old now.

The Under Armor Stretch Fit hats are my current model favorites. I bought solid black, red and navy heat gear mesh hats at Marshalls for 8.00 each. The actually break in pretty well and fit perfectly.

For Hiking, Fly Fishing or Prolonged Sun exposure (beach, full day at the park coaching/watching baseball tourny, etc) I wear a Tilley Hat ( hemp and cotton duck). They are extremely comfortable, shade perfectly, breath well, have a wide brim for protection, don't come off and have a small pocket to hide cash and ID. The lifetime warranty and customer service are just bonuses.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

hat hair or lack of

Since I'm thinning on top big time, a hat of some sort is manditory on most days. Winter time - a Filson tincloth wool lined with 3" brim all around. Spring - another Filson brim hat, unlined or a heavy weight cloth baseball cap, I've got a closet shelf full. Warmer weather at the range - the BCM lightweight without the button on top for use w/ earpro will be the choice. Since I also collect old tractors many of my BB caps are brand theme so nothing yells out "gun guy" - just look like another workin stiff.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast