Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hats

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is a difference between work caps and play caps. IMHO, tactical hat designers simply echo each other and rarely have any innovative designs. They are fine for play, but their are superior designs outside the tactical community that work better.

The Under Armor ventilated mesh hats blow away all these 'ancient' designs . They are lightweight, actually wick the moisture away, and the bill is just a tad shorter.

I got a metric ton of hats that did not work well in 120+ heat. Only the Under Armor stuff kept the sweat out of my eyes. I still love the feel of an old cotton ball cap... for play.
    Last edited by Iraq Ninja; 09-15-10 at 12:06.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    ............., tactical hat designers simply echo each other and rarely have any innovative designs...........
    I don't even think 99% of them are intended for tactical use. They are another advertising and marketing medium intended to put a brand name in front of the consumer and also part the consumer from his $$$$$'s.

I got a metric ton of hats that did not work well in 120+ heat.
    I too have a collection; incentives from manufacturers either trying to get me to flex the corporate cheque book or, thrust upon me at 'Trade Shows'. They just join the collection...........I recently saw an Eotech hat the same as I was given in a goody bag for free, it was for sale for $15.00 in a Fl gun store.

Only the Under Armor stuff kept the sweat out of my eyes.
    Thanks.

IN, I want to PM you on something later.

Feedback Score
    I've been wearing the same MLB hat for years while shooting. It's held up great even if it is freaking disgusting. I don't bother with "tactical" hats, but that's just me.

Last edited by variablebinary; 09-15-10 at 22:22.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is a difference between work caps and play caps. IMHO, tactical hat designers simply echo each other and rarely have any innovative designs. They are fine for play, but their are superior designs outside the tactical community that work better.

The Under Armor ventilated mesh hats blow away all these 'ancient' designs . They are lightweight, actually wick the moisture away, and the bill is just a tad shorter.

I got a metric ton of hats that did not work well in 120+ heat. Only the Under Armor stuff kept the sweat out of my eyes. I still love the feel of an old cotton ball cap... for play.
    Do they come in colors other than red, black, blue & white? Where do you find them?
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    not IN but here's where I got mine; http://www.topbrassmilitary.com/Unde...Stretchfit-Cap
    I also have a OD green one that I bought at Cabelas.
    Last edited by ColdDeadHands; 09-16-10 at 06:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Most any ball cap, key is too keep the sweat from rolling down my forehead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    Do they come in colors other than red, black, blue & white? Where do you find them?
    I got a black one. You can find them stores that cater to runners or athletes. This way, you get to try them on before you buy.

In regards to sweat, I love the Sweat GUTR for use with a helmet or for just running or biking. A simple concept that once again was designed outside of the tactical community, but has tactical uses.

While you are shopping for hats at a store, check out the sporting gloves.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Que Dukes of Hazzard theme:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    An old Crye Precision boonie is still my go to hat regardless of time of year. Best boonie ever made. I also like the CP ball caps with the visorlites, which are admittedly very poseur-ish, but have proven themselves incredibly useful on numerous occasions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreg View Post
    Que Dukes of Hazzard theme:

That's pretty bad!

Here's mine, 'cept mine's brown:
    ...Redneck tactical
    Last edited by Redneck19; 09-16-10 at 15:11.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast