Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hats

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just got an Outdoor Research Sun Runner cap, and while it isn't the height of fashion, their XL actually fits my size 7 3/4 noggin comfortably (even a bit better than the TT XXL, one of the other few melon-sized caps ). While it probably isn't as ventilated as the UA's, it does have side vents. No velcro (and I'm not sure sewing into the nylon-ish material would be a great idea), but no top button, either.

The "removable, adjustable skirt" takes the fashion level down another notch when attached, but would protect necks and ears under direct sun. The whole thing is also UPF 30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Ninj... very interested in the sweat GUTR
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    I have a hard time with both boots and hats. My hat size is about an 8- 8-1/4. Those 'one-size-fits-all' hats... don't. Even if I find one that can be extended to go around my head, it's never deep enough and just sits on top of my dome waiting for the first errant breeze to send it flying. If I have earpro on, they tend to lock the hat down, but I don't wear Peltors on a daily basis, so...

I really only have two hats that fit well. The first is a gift-shop wide-brimmed hat with a solid brim and mesh upper that I got at the San Diego Zoo a few years ago, size XXXL. The second is a custom-made early-style leather cowboy hat that I picked up at a Renaissance faire several years ago (think Outlaw Josey Wales). I wear the Zoo hat in the summer, and the leather hat in the winter. Both keep the Arizona sun off my face and neck, but neither is useful for shooting since they interfere with my muffs.

I would love to find a khaki or foliage boonie hat that was sized for my basketball dome, but I've yet to find any, even in places like REI or Cabela's.

Feedback Score
    custom boonies made by this guy, I'm sure he can make one to fit your head LHS. Nice quality, many colors, short or wide brim. I found him from a thread on lightfighter. Here's his email, graywolf47@comcast.net If a member on lf'r here's the thread, http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a...61/m/999106104
    Last edited by johnlee; 09-17-10 at 02:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I have a hard time with both boots and hats. My hat size is about an 8- 8-1/4.

I would love to find a khaki or foliage boonie hat that was sized for my basketball dome, but I've yet to find any, even in places like REI or Cabela's.

http://www.e4hats.com/_e/gdept/62/Bi..._.htm?=bigsize

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hats

I have to wear MLB fitted hats. Because of my large Melon I wear an 8 fitted hat. I have a two Tac Tailor XXL hats still alitte small for me. For hunting I use the Cabalas XXL gore-tex in Blaze Camo or a Camo pattern they fit me well. I know BDU.com will get you special order hats in most patterns Propper carries. I use a Tiger Strip for bowhunting. My next few boonies will be from BDU.com when I get a chance to order a 8 and 1/4 so I can wear headwrap or facemask under it

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    various flex fit ball caps for the most part, a Doo rag if Im riding, for the purpose of keeping the sun of my pasty white noggin.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlee View Post
    custom boonies made by this guy, I'm sure he can make one to fit your head LHS. Nice quality, many colors, short or wide brim. I found him from a thread on lightfighter. Here's his email, graywolf47@comcast.net If a member on lf'r here's the thread, http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a...61/m/999106104
    That is the perfect Boonie Hat, but for $50 it should be made of Nomex. Kevlar & Gold
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'm not a fan of the flex fit caps. In my experience, the "flex" part stretched and my once well fitting cap, became loose and I got rid of it.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The best fitting hats I have are the Larue hats Marks sends out. I have worn both of mine out so I guess it's time to place another Larue order. I especially like the lack of button on top which is nice for ear pro.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast