Thread: gunny's surplus any good ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

gunny's surplus any good ?

looking at one of his M16A1 uppers.

anyone deal with them ?

peabody
    i started this life with nothing.....kept most of it.

Feedback Score
    Google them and you will find lots of forums with threads complaining of no cs, and weeks to months to get your items. No personal experience.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    He was set up in Lima Ohio this weekend at a Flea market and dog race and had a buddy selling a few uppers for him. they looked nice for what they were I think 325.00 for the A1 uppers. A2 uppers were 275 if I recall correctly.- no bcgs I think he usually sets up at the Dayton and Lima Shows. Never bought anything from him though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiorifleman View Post
    He was set up in Lima Ohio this weekend at a Flea market and dog race and had a buddy selling a few uppers for him. they looked nice for what they were I think 325.00 for the A1 uppers. A2 uppers were 275 if I recall correctly.- no bcgs I think he usually sets up at the Dayton and Lima Shows. Never bought anything from him though.
    What barrels was he using for the A1 uppers? The website makes it sound like he is putting A2 barrels on an A1 upper receiver.

Personally I've had decent luck with gunny's surplus. He takes a while to ship(I got my stuff roughly 1.5-2 weeks after ordering), but I got what I ordered. However, I've also heard of people having less luck than me so be careful.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The true A1 Set-ups had colt barrels that were marked in the 6 o'clock pos. which I believe is older than mine marked CMP Chrome Bore in the 12 o'clock position. He also had A1 uppers with A2 barrels and hanguards on them- mix of Colt and FN barrels

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiorifleman View Post
    The true A1 Set-ups had colt barrels that were marked in the 6 o'clock pos. which I believe is older than mine marked CMP Chrome Bore in the 12 o'clock position. He also had A1 uppers with A2 barrels and hanguards on them- mix of Colt and FN barrels
    I see. I got one from gunny's back in Jan 2009 and it was real nice. I was a little leery of this current batch since I haven't seen A1 barrels anywhere else and figured these might be bottom of the barrel stuff.

Feedback Score
    I bought a few uppers from him back when they were around $275-300 each. The barrels were in great shape on each of them and I requested gray finish uppers. One of the uppers I ordered came with a refinished upper that looked similart to preban gray that US Anodizing offers.

All in all I was happy with what I got, but one of my orders took a month to show up. Granted this was about 2-3 years ago so YMMV.
    User ID: 298