Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gunny's surplus any good ?

Feedback Score

gunny's surplus any good ?

looking at one of his M16A1 uppers.

anyone deal with them ?

peabody
    i started this life with nothing.....kept most of it.

Feedback Score
    Google them and you will find lots of forums with threads complaining of no cs, and weeks to months to get your items. No personal experience.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    He was set up in Lima Ohio this weekend at a Flea market and dog race and had a buddy selling a few uppers for him. they looked nice for what they were I think 325.00 for the A1 uppers. A2 uppers were 275 if I recall correctly.- no bcgs I think he usually sets up at the Dayton and Lima Shows. Never bought anything from him though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiorifleman View Post
    He was set up in Lima Ohio this weekend at a Flea market and dog race and had a buddy selling a few uppers for him. they looked nice for what they were I think 325.00 for the A1 uppers. A2 uppers were 275 if I recall correctly.- no bcgs I think he usually sets up at the Dayton and Lima Shows. Never bought anything from him though.
    What barrels was he using for the A1 uppers? The website makes it sound like he is putting A2 barrels on an A1 upper receiver.

Personally I've had decent luck with gunny's surplus. He takes a while to ship(I got my stuff roughly 1.5-2 weeks after ordering), but I got what I ordered. However, I've also heard of people having less luck than me so be careful.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The true A1 Set-ups had colt barrels that were marked in the 6 o'clock pos. which I believe is older than mine marked CMP Chrome Bore in the 12 o'clock position. He also had A1 uppers with A2 barrels and hanguards on them- mix of Colt and FN barrels

Feedback Score
    The true A1 Set-ups had colt barrels that were marked in the 6 o'clock pos. which I believe is older than mine marked CMP Chrome Bore in the 12 o'clock position. He also had A1 uppers with A2 barrels and hanguards on them- mix of Colt and FN barrels
    I see. I got one from gunny's back in Jan 2009 and it was real nice. I was a little leery of this current batch since I haven't seen A1 barrels anywhere else and figured these might be bottom of the barrel stuff.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Gunny Surplus

If it is the same one I am thinking of they are decent to order from. Granted all I did was order a bunch of stripper clips and loaders for my son to load ammo on. I have my own little range monkey that loves to collect brass and load ammo. Of course he gets to shoot a fair amount and gets paid in addition to his allowance, he is saving up to buy his "own" rifle.

Self reliant lil bugger!
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    There was a thread on arfcom recently where it was discovered that the current "A1" uppers he is selling are A2 barrels on A1 receivers. So if you are looking for a correct M16A1 upper I would steer clear. I have ordered a bayonet and some other odds and ends from him in the past and I did get what I ordered.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flatdarkmars View Post
    There was a thread on arfcom recently where it was discovered that the current "A1" uppers he is selling are A2 barrels on A1 receivers. So if you are looking for a correct M16A1 upper I would steer clear. I have ordered a bayonet and some other odds and ends from him in the past and I did get what I ordered.
    He represented everything he was selling correctly to me- I do believe they (the gov.) probably put some 1/7 A2 barrels on usable A1 receivers during a transitional period- yet another variation to have in the collection. Who knows what the folks down at Anniston could have put together.

I will reiterate I believe the uppers he is selling came to him in the configuration he is selling them in- though I have no idea nor do I want to how upper parts are making it out of gov. inventories.
    Last edited by ohiorifleman; 09-09-10 at 10:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do believe they (the gov.) probably put some 1/7 A2 barrels on usable A1 receivers during a transitional period- yet another variation to have in the collection. Who knows what the folks down at Anniston could have put together.
    FWIW you would be correct in a way. The Guard unit I was with briefly had M16A1s with a hodgepodge of A1 and A2 parts to include some A2 barrels. They were some Frankenguns. We went from Colt A2s to A1s back to A1s that were converted to A2s then to FN made A2s, crazy.

Sorry for the hijack Back to the thread.
    I like franks & beans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast