Thread: Colt sporter carbine?

Feedback Score

Colt sporter carbine?

I'm not sure if this gun is really retro, but I figured the Colt collectors here could help me out.

Yesterday I was browsing the local pawnshops and I found what I think is a Colt Sporter A2 carbine. I had an A2 upper with a 1/7 twist barrel. I think the lower was A2 and it had the sear block(or whatever that block is called). It also had a 2 position fiberite stock. I wasn't in bad shape and I thought it might make a handy ranch rifle. What I wanted to ask was what should I offer for it? Considering CDNN has used 6520's for $800-900 I figured this one might be a bit cheaper since it has the weird lower, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    This might be one of those Colts to forget about, unless it was going for $500. Honestly, has the worst of the worst features back when Colt was playing PC prior to the 94ban - sear block, big holes, fixed carry handle. Unless you need one of every Colt made, walk.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This gun did not come from the factory with a collapsing stock. It came with a A2 stock.

It depends if this lower is drilled for a pushpin. If it is slabside I would pass.

It is preban.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If it is a big pin Colt, stay away; they're junk. Get something with upgrade potential, BCUSA is a good start.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a pass then. Thanks for the advice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wouldn't say they were junk. I had one, that I put a Colt collapsible stock on, and it ran fine for long time. I sold it, to someone in a ban state.

Daniel Defense used to make a big hole, flat top upper, don't know if they still do.

For the right price it may make a decent ranch or "kiss" rifle. Or you could flip it, to someone in a ban state.

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R Moran View Post
    I wouldn't say they were junk. I had one, that I put a Colt collapsible stock on, and it ran fine for long time. I sold it, to someone in a ban state.

Daniel Defense used to make a big hole, flat top upper, don't know if they still do.

For the right price it may make a decent ranch or "kiss" rifle. Or you could flip it, to someone in a ban state.

Bob
    Yeah, but unless a wad cash talks better than I think, I doubt the shop will go for $500-600(they want something like $1250).

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Man that is about what a new Colt is going for.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree