Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 sights help

Feedback Score

1911 sights help

I could use a little help looking for 1911 sights. I have a colt combat commander the front sight is a post style. The rear is a dovetail what I’m looking for is a blank rear novak. I don’t want a sloped one I want to be able to rack it on a belt or holster using the rear sight and a red fiber optic front. I’m not sure what diameter I would like either the set up I’m kind of looking for is the sights on Tavis Haleys 1911 if you know what I mean. Any comments would be appreciated

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use the 10-8 rear sight with .140 u notch on most of my 1911's. It's designed so you have the ability to rack the slide against a hard surface should you need to do so. Bravo Company and Brownell's both carry them. Though Bravo Company is out right now.
    "...but on the surface it looks like a Satan sandwich." Rep. Emanuel Cleaver

Feedback Score
    those both look good now how bout a front any ideas

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    If you have a staked front sight you'll have to get a dovetail cut in you slide to accept the new tritium front sight. If you go with a Heine rear why not send them your slide and have them install a front and rear?

Feedback Score
    As stated above, send the slide to a reputable shop (Henie, EGW, Springfield, Dawson, etc) and have them cut dovetails front and rear and do the sight install.

That is the best way to do it.

As to rear sights that facilitate 1 handed racking, I prefer the 10-8s, but Heinie makes their "ledge", which is also worth considering. Consider Warrens, too.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    All of my 1911's wear the 10-8 sights and I'm very happy with them. Pick up the sights then send tge slide to the Springfield Custom Shop. They do excellent work.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    who makes good fiber optic front sight

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taczac490 View Post
    who makes good fiber optic front sight
    Novak or Dawson Precision.
    "Guns are like neurosurgeons. When you need one, you need one badly."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop1911 View Post
    All of my 1911's wear the 10-8 sights and I'm very happy with them. Pick up the sights then send tge slide to the Springfield Custom Shop. They do excellent work.
    +1 on the 10-8 rear sight as 2 others posters said. They are purpose-built so that you can rack the slide one-handed using the rear sight if needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast