Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ar15 pistol reliability?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The last time this question was asked (about 1 week ago) I said that they are a tacticool gimmick. I stand by that statment. I'd be willing to bet that someone with a good pistol that practices and knows how to shoot will outshoot someone with a cool guy AR pistol.
    What if someone lived in a NON SBR state and REALLY wanted to build a DOE 9mm SBR clone (only with out a stock) just something I had been thinking about...... It will probably never happen because AR pistols feel retarded (to me) but I sure do like those damned DOE guns and Ill NEVER be able to afford one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    That is frozen Vodka.................... they were out of the "on the rocks".....................

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I understand the principle of baffle strikes in short barrels, I shoot both my 7.5" 1/7 and 1/8 barrelled uppers suppressed using a ..308 can and have never had a baffle strike.
    Accuracy is decent also.
    Dave
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    How far can you reach out with a 7.5"? I've heard people go out to 300 yards...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mspiredm3 View Post
    How far can you reach out with a 7.5"? I've heard people go out to 300 yards...
    Yes--to touch paper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Exactly. Under 100 yards and prferably under 50 for me. It is certainly not a long distance weapon.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Easy Fellas....lol

Feedback Score
    I've had great luck with my 300 Blackout build. 9 inch barrel from Delta Company Arms, pistol gas length, and a light weight Sampson FF tube, Ace buffer assy..

Less blast vs a 5.56, I think the Blackout makes a good AR Pistol. I use Pulled 175 gr M118lr for blasting ammo, my kids love the tracers, and I've shot a few 125gr Ballistic tips. I have a 2nd barrel, and I'm going to build a twin'er. One change might be a side charger upper, maybe right eject and left side charger.

Feedback Score
    I had bad luck ,I had a rock river factory built AR ,and it jammed on 223 factory ammo bad ,but i think its a nice idea for a short gun ,just may not be reliable as long ar-15 .

Feedback Score
    do piston uppers help the reliability of a 7.5 inch barrel??

Feedback Score
    The issue for me with 7.5" pistols and barrels in that range is the velocity - or lack thereof - that the bullet is able to generate before it exits the barrel. Both my pistols are in 11.5" configurations, and they have both been flawless in operation so far. Granted, I haven't run them hard at all but there are no cycling issues whatsoever so we're off to a good start. I used a standard size buffer tube with a carbine buffer & spring. I would consider a 10.5" or a 10.3" barrel; however, absolutely no shorter than that.
    You have the right to be offended.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123