Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MONOLITHIC UPPER

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm loving mine, going today to zero the second one

Concerning the zero, you will be amazed on the return to zero. My first test was with PMC ball, took off the optics(T1 combo w/Larue mount/NF w/ Larue) and removed/installed barrel and I was within an inch at 100.
    I will do a more thorough test in the future and after speaking with LMT, I was told it's usually less than that!

I'm waiting on my 6.8 barrel/bolt-any day!

I wish I had picked up these earlier--

Last edited by mark5pt56; 09-11-10 at 06:14.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    FYI.....MRPs will now except ANY barrel that any other AR15 would accept.
    Hey Trident, please tell me more about this. I have an MRP piston factory SBR and am interested in other barrel options.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 09-11-10 at 07:54.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I was doing a build, i would likely go with the Mega do to its flexibility in terms of rail location. I have a LMT and love it but there are times when I would like to have a little less real estate in terms of rail.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    I have a Vltor vis 2a (10 inch) on a 16 inch rifle, as well as the Mega mono rail mid length on a 12.5 inch rifle.
    Do you have pics of the Mega rifle? My next build will be an SBR and I want as much handguard as possible w/o blocking use of a can. The Mega mono uppers don't list handguard lengths on the web and after seeing the thread about 11" handguards being too close to 11.5" bbls... I am trying to see the Mega Mono uppers with bbls in the 11.5 to 12.5 range.

Thanks!
    Kevin

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Vltor

"The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Don't limit yourself to proprietary barrels.

Vltor VIS is the gold standard.
    I would agree with this.The VLTOR system is really nice, and you can use whatever M4 barrel suits your fancy.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm sure you will be happy no matter which one you choose. I went with a midlength VIS. I decided on it because it would work with the older style PWS system, didn't require a proprietary barrel, and looked and sounded like it would hold up to abuse well. I have been very happy with it and am thinking about another one for a 6.8 build.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Hey Trident, please tell me more about this. I have an MRP piston factory SBR and am interested in other barrel options.
    Hi pal, the info is coming from a gent on tos with a thread over there about it.....
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=509830

Link to get the actually work preformed....
    https://dbmg-llc.3dcartstores.com/MR...sion_p_25.html

Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I'm loving mine, going today to zero the second one

Concerning the zero, you will be amazed on the return to zero. My first test was with PMC ball, took off the optics(T1 combo w/Larue mount/NF w/ Larue) and removed/installed barrel and I was within an inch at 100.
    I will do a more thorough test in the future and after speaking with LMT, I was told it's usually less than that!

I'm waiting on my 6.8 barrel/bolt-any day!

I wish I had picked up these earlier--

Marks kit really is one of the finer examples of what I am talking about in reference to a system, and just assume he already has his new 6.8 gear pic'd. I watched Mark do a ton of research before investing as heavily and nicely as he did in the mrp system. The MRP is not for a person that does not want to push envelopes and innovate the AR platform and rather just wants a single, nice shooting rifle. The MRP is for diehards imho and not the route to go if you are not going commit yourself to it as it demands quite a penny and more importantly the willingness to actually push the performance and capabilities of it through all the various options it has.

Now that folks do not have the whole proprietary barrel non issue to spout on....and with plenty of hard data to support the amazing lack of poi shift done by others along with myself, I think the "MRP bent rail syndrome" is the last knock on the system.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    one of centurion arm's VIS guns with his HK style sights

and some more VIS CA uppers
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post
    I own the Mega Mono... The Mega is a true monolithic upper, just one piece. There are some tech differences too, but I don't think it will matter much. The machining on the Mega is perfect the thing is like art work! Also, the Mega has a deep black finish the Vltor has kind of a gray tint to it...
    Ditto on the Mega Mono. Beautiful craftsmanship.

One consideration - the VIS receiver is machined from a 6016 forging while the rail section is made from a 6063 extrusion. This Vltor Rep who provided this info also said the VIS was manufactured in this way "because you cannot weld 7075."

To El Cid - The useable rail length on a mid-length Mega Monolithic Quad-Rail Upper is 14.75", and that on their rifle-length is 3.37" longer, or 18.12". Also, the side-to-side rail width is 2.09".
    "Eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty... You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing." Andrew Jackson

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast