Thread: Magpul MOE Handguard with AFG

Feedback Score

Magpul MOE Handguard with AFG

Looking to find out if anyone is running a Magpul MOE Handguard with a Magpul AFG? Not "huge" fan of the MOE Handguard, but still not willing to drop a bunch of coin on other handguards. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by towncop View Post
    Looking to find out if anyone is running a Magpul MOE Handguard with a Magpul AFG? Not "huge" fan of the MOE Handguard, but still not willing to drop a bunch of coin on other handguards. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Most people find the extended hand guards work better with the AFG, but here is a picture of a prototype MOE rifle length hand guard from Military Times.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You are such a tease.

I'm actually running one on standard-style handguards (C8s from Cavalry for my Middy). There is play, but it's usable for my purposes. Once the middy MOEs are out, I'll be making the switch to that. It was stable on my carbine MOEs, but even mounting it as far forward as possible, it wasn't quite far enough out for the purposes the AFG was designed for, at least not for me.
    Last edited by CaptainDooley; 09-14-10 at 12:21.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AFG needs a longer handguard. To use a AFG on a carbine handguard you have to extend the stock further to make up for the length, and it upsets the balance of your stance.