Thread: Tactical Springs CS Carbine Buffer Spring in a MIDDY

Feedback Score

Tactical Springs CS Carbine Buffer Spring in a MIDDY

Just curious if anyone is using the Tactical Springs chrome silicon standard carbine buffer spring (the BLUE coded one) in a MIDDY and if so how's it working for you?

Feedback Score
    I ran the standard one for a while it was fine. It has the same spring coefficient as a regular buffer spring. The extra power spring prevented the bolt from locking back in my middy, but I run it in a carbine now and its fine.
    Last edited by yallknowho; 02-18-10 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssorg View Post
    Just curious if anyone is using the Tactical Springs chrome silicon standard carbine buffer spring (the BLUE coded one) in a MIDDY and if so how's it working for you?
    I have been using the blue coded one in my Noveske N4 middy for the last year with no malfunctions. My Noveske rifle came with an H buffer. It should be the last buffer spring I need to buy.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-19-10 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

It is official:the blue Spring is extra power

As luck would have it, I replaced my no name carbine recoil spring with a "standard" Blue Spring from Sprinco.com right before a Pat Rogers class. Previously, the Daniel defense mid length 14 1/2 inch upper had held the bolt back at all times, but after the gun got a little dirty, it failed to hold the bolt back 75% of the time. I was using an H buffer, and ASYM training ammunition, which is about 100 fps slower than NATO spec 5.56mm
    Today I e-mailed Alan Dugger , the proprietor,with this issue. here is his reply:
    "The BLUE spring is heavier than Mil-Spec, and may not be the ticket
    for running those light training rounds on that platform. Before you throw the baby out with the bathwater, try using a CAR-15 buffer with those SRTA rounds. We are trying to get our WHITE spring ready for SHOT in January, which will have the same rate and load as a Mil-Spec spring to address situations like you encountered with the light training round as well as some "problem child" carbines that don't like to run on anything but a mil-spec spring (sometimes only with a worn out mil-spec spring and a CAR-15 buffer....muchto the chagrin of the Agency that is stuck with them) :>( We are trying to cover all the bases out there with our offerings, but with the diversity of offerings and configs in the black gun market, it's sometimes like herding cats.
    The length of our BLUE spring, as you already determined, is on the upper end of the allowable length for a mil-spec spring, but the rate is lower, (fewer coils / inch) giving it a higher load.
    Please let me know if it runs with a CAR-15 buffer. If not, check in after SHOT for a WHITE spring."

I believe it bears repeating that with the previously mentioned mid length set up, slightly slower ammunition, and the H buffer, there are going to be problems with that spring. The Blue Spring has worked well with Noveske 11.5 inch barrels and mil spec ammo, but for the middy I have ordered a standard Brownell's chrome silicone spring. In the future I will get the new Sprinco White spring for this application.

Regards,

Jorge