A local gunshop has refinished Glock 19 with all the following:

GLOCK19 PISTOL

*TWO 15 RND MAGAZINES

*MAGAZINE POUCH

*STINGRAY BELT HOLSTER

* HARDSHELL

CARRY CASE
    Total cost $459.00

How does this sound. I want a glock but refuse to pay full price for a ccw that will be beat up when i carry it.

Here is a link to the gunshop http://www.duncangunshop.com/
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Great deal imho.

If you don't want to beat up a gun, don't carry it. IMHO a worn in gun is a badge of honor. Over the next several years of carry you will wear the finish down, especially at the muzzle, but it just makes it look that much cooler..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In April I paid 459.00 plus tax for my brand new Glock 19 and it came with 3 magazines.

Its a better deal than a Generation 1 Glock from the late 80's that has been refinished to hide how beat up it was...

Join GSSF.COM and get the glock for $425.00..
    Find a GSSF approved dealer/Law enforcement glock dealer in your area.

Feedback Score
    19 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davebee456 View Post
    In April I paid 459.00 plus tax for my brand new Glock 19 and it came with 3 magazines.

Its a better deal than a Generation 1 Glock from the late 80's that has been refinished to hide how beat up it was...

+1 I agree.
    But,It really comes down to personal preference. some people don't like the accessory rail and finger grooves etc. I know people that hate the newer glocks. beyond me though. Thanks for the info,I am going to look into the GSSF membership discount.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Glocks are hard to wear it, so used or refurbed are pretty close to being the same thing. It all comes down to coin. I am willing to bet thatr a good used $375-400 G19 will serve as you as well as a reconditioned $459 G19. I have bought 5 different G19's, mostly 2nd Gen, for under $400 over the past several years. So they are definitely out there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davebee456 View Post

I know guys who would buy a Gen 1 just for the frame.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Id rather buy a new gun and not think I need the extras to offset the cost. Basically if you want to save money ask them what the gun will go for with out the extras.

If your going to CCW that gun will you really use what it comes with? I would not for my preferences.
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    I'd pass, and buy new for a few bucks more (or less if you go GSSF).

Feedback Score
    My 02: in my experience most refinishing jobs end up looking like crap very quickly on guns that are being used so I would skip that one for CCW. Used but in like new condition Gen3 Glock 19s can be found for around $450. I'd go for that if you don't have the LE discount or don't want to go through the GSSF. Also I am very particular on what kind of holster I use and have never found anything that came with a gun package to be of any value to me as far as carrying goes... and I can tell you right now that holster is not what I would use to CCW a G19.
    Last edited by ilsrwy27; 09-16-10 at 00:46.

Feedback Score
    I was not planning on carrying that holster for ccw, and i was really only interested in the gun and magazines. I found out yesterday that they have the od green gen 3 glock nib for only $499.00. I think that i may hold off until the gen 4 sales take off and buy a gen 3 at a reduced price. Thanks for the help.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast