I recently started a thread asking about feedback about the Wilson Combat TTU single stage trigger. I received a good amount of helpful feedback from this thread that seemed mostly positive.

Previously I was using a Geissele SSA trigger in my rifle which is a very nice two stage trigger. I shoot mostly within 50 yards and 98% of the time it is not shooting off a bench.

The Geissele SSA had been a fantastic two stage trigger but for me it was not the right trigger. I was looking for a single stage with a light crisp break, fast trigger reset, and consistency in trigger pull.

After reading various feedback about single stage triggers I finally settled on the Wilson Combat TTU single stage trigger. Initially after doing some research I discovered people have put a pretty decent round count through these higher end single stage triggers so I felt comfortable with the reliability feedback.

At first I felt the trigger was too expensive so I was very apprehensive. I sold off a few goodies and pulled the trigger on the TTU.

So far I have about 1500 rounds of Hornady 55gr. steel case training ammo and 62gr. brown bear through the TTU. The trigger has been consistent and flawless so far in terms of reliability.

The benefits I have observed have been that the TTU is an extremely fast trigger. I am not sure exactly how to describe the benefit in speed because I am not an extremely experienced shooter.

When you put your finger on the trigger and begin to squeeze on most other triggers I have used in the past you may feel a little grit and a tiny bit of pre travel. The TTU delivers a clean crisp consistent break. There is no take up or any thing of that sort.

The reset is phenomenally short and positive. This feels like a finely tuned 1911 trigger to me. One issue I have observed is that on my very first magazine I put through my rifle after purchasing this trigger is that I thought it had double fired.

I discovered that with the short reset and light weight what happened was my finger let off enough quick enough to allow the trigger to reset and fire twice. I'm not sure how else to describe this but after I had observed this I was easily able to adjust and it did not occur again.

The break feels like its around 3.5-4LBS. This may be a problem for some who desire a bit more weight in their trigger. Definitely keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire !

Pros:

- Clean crisp break with no take up.

- Lightning fast and positive reset.

- Trigger pull feels light yet not too light for a duty carbine. Easy to control.

Cons:

- Price is pretty high but if the unit holds up as well as a USGI trigger in the long run it would be worth it to me.

- Not user serviceable in terms of spring replacement.

- May be too light for some who prefer a 5-8lbs trigger pull on a duty rifle. In a stressful situation if you do not train to keep your finger off the trigger the TTU will most likely be a liability.

Overall I am thrilled with this trigger even with the low round count I have put through it. I can tell you that of all the single stage and two stage triggers I have shot so far for me this has been the fastest and has aided my accuracy while firing quickly. So far as long as the trigger holds up I have no regrets.

Next range trip is going to be in a few weeks and I can't wait.