Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting AK selector modification...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Interesting AK selector modification...

I thought this looked like an interesting AK selector modification...

http://www.sniperhandle.com/p1.html

Attachment 10415

S/F

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Remember, it's gonna work backwards and you will have to permanently alter your reciever.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Movement is the reverse of, 'natural' (IE: push back to fire, forward to safe).
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you look at the selector markings of a IDF issued Galil they work in the same direction...

Attachment 10416

In Hebrew; (S) Safe, (A) Semi, (R) Repeat

I'm not sold on this as something I want to do yet, but I do think it has potential...

S/F

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Perm mod the receiver? No thanks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
    Movement is the reverse of, 'natural' (IE: push back to fire, forward to safe).
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    If you look at the selector markings of a IDF issued Galil they work in the same direction...

Attachment 10416

I'm not sold on this as something I want to do yet, but I do think it has potential...

S/F

B

Dave is correct. The natural motion to take it off safe is to move it forward.....which is how the US civilian Magnum Research and Action Arms Galil's worked.

The military Galil operates in reverse, forward is safe and back is fire, and it's not natural at all, and is in fact a pain in my ass.

I've had several semi auto Galil's through the last couple of decades and never had an issue with the selector.......

Action Arms/IMI Model 329 AR in 7.62 NATO:

Magnum Research pre-86 dealer sample SAR in 5.56 NATO:

I honestly almost find it easier to just use the selector as you would a standard AK.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I think I will stick with the original.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Remember, it's gonna work backwards and you will have to permanently alter your reciever.
    If they moved the lever forward of the axis of rotation, it would be more a more natural sweep down. I’ve thought about buying a spare safety lever and modifying it myself.

I’m not convinced that a receiver mod would be necessary on non-scope mount AKs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post

Attachment 10416

S/F

B
    Just because a country issues it doesn't make it practical, after all they developed the desert eagle and mako furniture and I wouldn't count those as the crowning achievements of modern small arms. If you try it and it works for you then more power to you, at the end of the day that's all that matters irregardless of what anyone else thinks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 96 SS View Post
    Perm mod the receiver? No thanks.
    This is why I never jumped on the Ace stock band wagon.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 12-08-11 at 02:06. Reason: can't spell for chet
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast