Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: SCAR vs AR; A detailed look...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    Wow, this is one hell of a thread. It has an incredible amount of information and raw data. It is certainly one of the finest SCAR threads to be found anywhere on the Internet.

I know Hootiewho and is a very well trained shooter and extremely knowledgeable on firearms.

For anybody who has purchased a SCAR or is thinking about it this thread is a "Must Read" in my opinion.
    Paul, I vote this thread be sticky tacked! It deserves a very long life. Lots of good info.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This post makes the SCAR system depressing...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=90273&page=2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome thread - great technical data.

To the OP, do you think mid-length gas systems have solved the stress problems associated with short barrels?

As the SCAR in general...

Possibly a better design but not so much so that the Army can justify replacing it's million or so M4s with the SCAR. The best we could hope for at this point is to phase in better 5.56mm ammo and do an M4 PIP as weapons are rotated through maintenance.

Until we have a real game changer like rail guns, electro-chemical weapons, or a phased pulse plasma rifle in the 40 watt range, we are going to have the M4 for some time.

As for serious individual shooter, buy what you like but the lack of SCAR replacement parts and aftermarket support should be a deal breaker.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Paul, I vote this thread be sticky tacked! It deserves a very long life. Lots of good info.
    I 2nd that idea.

Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    I 2nd that idea.

It has been stuck for a while now, we put it in with the other important SCAR Kowledge Base Threads
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thank you for putting this together, answered a lot of questions I had on some of the more hard numbers related stuff.

I have a SCAR 16s, which I love and is my go to gun.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112