Thread: My first build (22lr CMMG)

Feedback Score

My first build (22lr CMMG)

So a good friend of mine dragged me out to the rifle range and shot his .223 AR one Sunday morning... and well long story short I have this rifle built and working on my .223 upper now.

CMMG Quebec Rifle (okay so its not a bottom to top build)
    SS Bolt upgrade
    Magpul CTR stock
    Midwest Industries T10 Rail
    Midwest Industries BUIS
    Primary Arms Micro Dot
    Spikes SD Fake Can
    Ergo grip
    Black Dog Mags

All I can say is wow. I'm so glad I read all of the recent reviews on CMMG here and went this route.

I broke her in tonight with 600 rounds.
    100 - CCI mini mags
    500 - Federal bulk (from wally world)

Had one stovepipe from a federal round somewhere in the 3rd magazine and have had zero problems since.

All of the guys at the range (indoor range 50 ft) all stared when I whipped her out haha.

Since I'm a newb at this, I don't feel I could give a worthy "range report" but the rangemaster there who I let shoot a magazine thought it was pretty damn accurate and was "the best 22lr rifle he's ever shot". And he has a 10/22 and the colt m4(22lr) that he rents out to folks.

But for what's it worth, I was shooting 1.75" groups at 50' with the irons and about 1" groups with the red dot using propped up plastic boxes to rest on.

I'm very happy with my CMMG and their customer service was top notch when I emailed several times asking about misc newb stuff before I even bought the rifle.

Feedback Score
    It sounds like it's working well for you. I'm also glad to hear that their customer service has been good. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad you like it. I still smile ear to ear when I shoot mine. It's been so reliable, I almost forget how unreliable my other .22 kits were.
    It's nice to just go out and shoot.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing