Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Or Stag Arms?

Feedback Score

Bushmaster Or Stag Arms?

I know both manufacturers are great but Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. So my question is, should i get a more expensive bushmaster m4 (average cost of all their guns) or a cheaper stag arms m4 (also based on average cost)???

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    ur gonna get a bunch of why not uy a bcm. and honestly in the pics of all the carbine courses thats what u see is bcm. id buy the lower then the upper but i dont have that kind of cash. im using armalite upper and lower and a bcm bcg. but to answer your question it always comes back to what are you gonna do with it.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmaster2k89 View Post
    I know both manufacturers are great but Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. So my question is, should i get a more expensive bushmaster m4 (average cost of all their guns) or a cheaper stag arms m4 (also based on average cost)???
    Don't buy either before you do alot more research on this site. If you have yet to drop the money, go to the technical discussion session in this forum and research "the chart" and threads related to Bushmaster, Stag, RRA, Etc. and then give strong consideration to BCM/Colt/Noveske.

The only thing you are right about in your train of thought is you do get what you pay for.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I think you better do your research. Both manufacturers are sub par at best. There are 1,548,936 threads on this site discussing this same exact topic, bro. Just type "bushmaster", "stag", "dpms", etc. in the search bar and read away. You can get a bcm, dd, or LMT for little to nothing more then the shrubmastet or stag. I suggest that you do a search on those brands. Check out "the chart" as it is an invaluable resource. Good luck. Ask questions, but search first.
    Last edited by lethal dose; 09-21-10 at 10:15.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd go Stag over Bushmaster. Stag makes a good rifle, but BCM or Spike's may be more quality rifle for the money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=60901

and "The Chart"

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

Save your pennies and get something to the left side of the chart.

The temptation to "buy now, play now" will be great, but having that warm fuzzy feeling knowing you have top notch kit will last longer.
    Last edited by Slinger646; 09-21-10 at 10:39.
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Niether. Unless you are just going to use it specifically for a rnage/plinking gun. If it has any chanc of being a self defense or SHTF rifle, get something worth using to save your life like a Daniel Defense, LMT, Noveske, BCM, Colt, KAC.

Like others said do your research and you will find the rifle that is right for you.

If you decide on foregoing a quality rifle and choose between the two you listed (The two you listed are bottom of the barrel rifles; not quality in any sense of the word); I would go with stag over BM; but then again I would never purchase either...
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 09-21-10 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    When I read the Title, I thought someone was being sarcastic.

Echo'ing those before me - do your research.

The Chart in "The Chart" is good but just looking at that spreadsheet will just direct you to a "good gun" but you will not really know why it's a "good gun". Read the Definitions above the spreadsheet to learn about AR's, read the Thread and then do further research as to what makes one AR better than the other.

Doing all of this will save you a whole lot of buyer's remorse later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Niether...If you decide on foregoing a quality rifle and choose between the two you listed (The two you listed are bottom of the barrel rifles; not quality in any sense of the word); I would go with stag over BM; but then again I would never purchase either...
    THCDDM4 is completly right. They are both terrible compared to what is available with just a few dollars more.
    BCM upper 375+25Charging Handle+140 BCG=540 for a supurb upper. 330 for an LMT complete lower. Whole rifle for 870! You can even fin LMT lowers for 299.00 if you look around.

Would you purchase a brand new flatscreen, if you new that is was going to fail after 400 hrs of use?

At least DPMS was not in that list, it is the Hesse and Century Arms of the AR world.
    Just another certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    This is a joke, right?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it" Thomas Jefferson
    "Civilization is a wonderful, but paper thin concept" JW777

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast