Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Or Stag Arms?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    MrAmmo,

That is a very good question. You are talking about a sample of one. I not only had 500 of them under my care, but more than a few members here have had the exact same issues with BM.

The issues are well known and have been talked about in detail. If you choose not to accept that, it's your prerogative.
    Its not that I'm not willing to accept them mate its that I haven't heard of rifles blowing up out side of this site.

I will admit I do have a hard time buying that out of allllll the manufacturers out there colt, LMT noveske, BCM (which I will be picking one up soon) and maybe 1 or 2 others are worth a crap.

All I'm saying is I personally have never had a problem with mine. either of them.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    MrAmmo,

No one said it would blow up. What we have said is that they cannot CONSISTENTLY (key word) produce a good AR. The prices that they charge for their AR's on almost online for what you will pay for a good one.

You will also notice that I said yours is a sample of one. That means that you may have a decent running BM and may not have problems. Let me recap the other 500 threads about BM that we have had.

1. Tight chambers- if yours works great with 5.56 ammo good for you.

2. Crappy or no staking of the carrier key.

3. Crappy or no staking of the castle nut to the endplate.

4. Barrels and bolts that are HP/ MPI in batches, not individually.

5. Front sight bases that are canted.

6. Enlarged gas port holes = (overgassed gun) so that they will run.

7. Barrels that are 1/9 rather than 1/7 which is the better alternative for shooting a wider variety of ammo to include the rounds that are known to be more accurate and put people down.

8. Commercial size lower receiver extensions that are not as good as Colt, DD, LMT, Noveskse or BCM. Their endplates are also crappy.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Whether you agree or believe it is entirely up to you. I have seen them FAIL first hand in the field and I would not waste my time or money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAmmo View Post
    Its not that I'm not willing to accept them mate its that I haven't heard of rifles blowing up out side of this site.

I will admit I do have a hard time buying that out of allllll the manufacturers out there colt, LMT noveske, BCM (which I will be picking one up soon) and maybe 1 or 2 others are worth a crap.

All I'm saying is I personally have never had a problem with mine. either of them.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    MrAmmo,

No one said it would blow up. What we have said is that they cannot CONSISTENTLY (key word) produce a good AR. The prices that they charge for their AR's on almost online for what you will pay for a good one.

You will also notice that I said yours is a sample of one. That means that you may have a decent running BM and may not have problems. Let me recap the other 500 threads about BM that we have had.

1. Tight chambers- if yours works great with 5.56 ammo good for you.

2. Crappy or no staking of the carrier key.

3. Crappy or no staking of the castle nut to the endplate.

4. Barrels and bolts that are HP/ MPI in batches, not individually.

5. Front sight bases that are canted.

6. Enlarged gas port holes = (overgassed gun) so that they will run.

7. Barrels that are 1/9 rather than 1/7 which is the better alternative for shooting a wider variety of ammo to include the rounds that are known to be more accurate and put people down.

8. Commercial size lower receiver extensions that are not as good as Colt, DD, LMT, Noveskse or BCM. Their endplates are also crappy.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Whether you agree or believe it is entirely up to you. I have seen them FAIL first hand in the field and I would not waste my time or money on them.
    My apologies, I misunderstood what you meant by mine is a sample.

I shoot 5.56 (that is if LC surplus is indeed 5.56) just fine

Key looked good compared to pics i had seen

Can't speak to the castle nut I built my lower

Can't speak to the HP/MPI testing

My post is good

Can't speak to this either I have been running it with anything from wolf to K&A to LC and it runs just fine

I run 75gr tap for defense and its 2 MOA just like every ammo I have ever put through it.

I built my lower with a commercial spec extension and it seems to be fine. The stock its self on the other hand... Well I'll give ya that one without argument

I guess my only defense for buying a bushmaster is that during the rush I got my lower built and by the time i got funds for the upper they where no where to be found. I came across the upper i have now for a price that I felt to be fair for the time ($480) and have been happy since.

I am going to buy a BCM upper soon just becuase i want something a little bit shorter and lighter than my 16" HBAR

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    MrAmmo,

I know you are missing the point and want to defend your purchase. Enjoy the site.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    A quick question since we're talking about MPI.

Aren't all small arms supposed to have parts undergo magnetic partical inspection, or is this procedure unique to the M16FOW?
    They are supposed to, but many commercial manufacturers only test in batches.

Its important to realize that without an HP test, the MP test means nothing. Whether its a bolt or barrel, the purpose of the HP test is subject the part to more stress than it would see in the field, THEN an MP test is done to look for flaws. Doing an MP test by itself will only show defects inherent to the manufacturing process. Not to mention the test is only as good as the acceptance criteria. I could MP test parts all day and pass everyone saying "ahh that crack will be fine" Reputable manufacturers have their parts tested at certified NDT facilities as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Doom View Post
    The stag comes with a bolt, bolt carrier, handgaurd's etc. Not trying to strike up an argument, just helping out the op. Also, this is not a new line of stag products, this is overrun of contracts with law enforcement or military. Ive never heard a bad thing about stag, and own one myself. I am very proud of its performance thus far.
    I fail to see your point.

The question I have is what steel is the stag bolt made of? How well is the gas key staked on the bolt carrier?

You can purchase a BCM, Spikes or Daniel Defense, which is constructed well for the price of an RRA.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Really

With all the vetted and valid information out there concerning particular poor AR manufacturers' we still have people acting ignorant defending their purchase? Go buy a clue and wake the **** up!
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    About a year before becoming a member of this site I bought a Stag A3 and a number of accessories to play with. I got rid of most of the accessories on my own after I came to hate the weight of the gun.

Since becoming a member here I have put together 2 AR-15s with quality parts and the difference is apparent, mostly in the longer gas systems and properly configured buffer assemblies smoothing out recoil. Not having to do a bunch of staking on my own is nice as well!

That said, since I built my second AR-15 I have relegated my Stag to a range beater/loaner. It has a few thousand rounds through it. I realize that is not a lot for a number of people on this site, but it is relatively significant to me. The only problem I have ever had with the Stag was the buffer retaining pin cracking at the bottom. I noticed this before it actually broke so it caused no damage.

I can't offer any further advice that what already has been, though. For the extra few dollars a BCM cost me to put together over a Stag, the difference in quality is well worth it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Where I work, we sell LMT, Colt, DD, and Noveske. A DPMS Oracle was ordered to have an option for the plinker crowd who has no intention of using it in any dire situation.

It's actually a great business case for the previously mentioned guns. When someone asks why they should spend so much money on an LMT et al, I can take the DPMS down and show them, point for point, on an actual rifle. The endplate metal is made out of vienna sausage, nothing is staked properly, the castle nut is not staked at all, it sounds like gristle being fed through a garbage disposal when you pull the bolt to the rear, and polymer magazines have to be beat into and out of the magazine well. There is an epidemic of Doublestar rifles in Middle Georgia, as well. Their fans are enamored by how tightly the upper and lower receiver fit together. My Colt has been criticized by a Doublestar owner because of the looseness between the upper and lower receiver.

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

That's because your Colt sucks, get something .mil spec.

All the Spec Ops guys use Bushmaster. This thread is wrong.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast