Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Or Stag Arms?

Feedback Score
    Major "Fail" on both your selections.. Do more research on this site. Others have suggested way better selections. "Listen" to them.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    While you're doing your research, make sure you check out other forums. Opinions vary from discussion group to discussion group. You'll have to judge for yourself the level of expertise displayed, but IMHO you might want to be careful taking advice from any one venue as gospel.

And on some sites you might find a little more arrogance and self-satisfaction than others.
    Yes. The opinions of idiots tend to think Bushmaster and Stag are
    "GREAT! JUST AS GOOD AS COLT! DERRRRR!"

If you want to bottom feed, bottom feed. There are no end of uninformed, ignorant forums that will feed your ego if you mess up and buy a crappy rifle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Yes. The opinions of idiots tend to think Bushmaster and Stag are
    "GREAT! JUST AS GOOD AS COLT! DERRRRR!"

If you want to bottom feed, bottom feed. There are no end of uninformed, ignorant forums that will feed your ego if you mess up and buy a crappy rifle.
    LOL. Thanks for making my point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmaster2k89 View Post
    no more than $900
    I got my BCM/LMT hybrid for that price and take it from an AR noob when I 1st got to this site...you will notice the difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    Trolling?

As I am not sure, I reply to you that both Bushy and Stag are plinker guns and are not of the quality level necessary for responsible people to use to defend themselves, their families or others.

Please consider one of the following instead:

BCM
    Colt
    Daniel Defense
    LMT
    Noveske

Getting a good one does not cost all that much more than getting a crappy one. IF you need to save for another 6 months before making the purchase, then I would encourage you to do so.

Good luck!
    ok great but like i said, im only usin it for target shooting. i am taking all these manu's into consideration. u have the money to buy the best on the market, i jus dont think i wanna blow a grand just on a gun ill b usin to shoot paper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    LOL. Thanks for making my point.
    The problem is most other sites don't offer objective data, and arguments and opinions by those working in the industry, and by very serious shooters, many of them in the military and in law enforcement.

So despite what you are implying, the point is not to look for info in other forums, just for the sake of looking, and especially not to simply find an opinion that validates your pre conceived notions, but to look in a forum that has opinions by people that know what they are talking about and that offer objective data, like "the Chart".

Otherwise, you can look for opinions on the type of forums that will tell you that Hi Points are jus as good as Glocks . So look at other forums, but all opinions are not equal, and caveat emptor.

Do yourself a favor and look at the Chart before you end up buying a lesser rifle for only a little less money.
    Last edited by DacoRoman; 09-22-10 at 03:54.
    Formerly known as "Son of Vlad Tepes"

Feedback Score
    ok great but like i said, im only usin it for target shooting. i am taking all these manu's into consideration. u have the money to buy the best on the market, i jus dont think i wanna blow a grand just on a gun ill b usin to shoot paper
    You have been given great advise again and again. This thread might become locked because of the inevitable redundancy of those with real world experience telling you what to do if they were in your situation. You know a lot of people that are of this forum are even real world "Operators" And you'll find out that a lot of SOF guys hate that word. SO, when there seems to be a concensus that a certian rifle sucks, or is great, you should listen. Whether or not you will shoot paper. You know what a lot of active guys do at range sessions? shoot paper and steel targets! while on the move. So, if they know that a DPMS/Bushy doesn't have the juice for shooting paper you should listen.

I would love for you to start this thread over at professionalsoldiers.com in the weapons subforum and respond to the QPs the way that you have responded. You'll soon understand what it means to get friendly advice.

You said you are in NJ- I'm sure Grant from grtactical can make you a NJ compliant rifle. Just buy the lower first then upper. He will take care of you. You could even have an BCM m16 clone for hella cheap without the bayo lug, etc.
    Just another certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Vlad Tepes View Post
    The problem is most other sites don't offer objective data, and arguments and opinions by those working in the industry, and by very serious shooters, many of them in the military and in law enforcement.

So despite what you are emplying, the point is not to look for info in other forums, just for the sake of looking, and especially not to simply find an opinion that validates your pre conceived notions, but to look in a forum that has opinions by people that know what they are talking about and that offer objective data, like "the Chart".

Otherwise, you can look for opinions on the type of forums that will tell you that Hi Points are jus as good as Glocks . So look at other forums, but all opinions are not equal, and caveat emptor.

Do yourself a favor and look at the Chart before you end up buying a lesser rifle for only a little less money.
    Thanks for the advice.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    like i said i live in NJ. i cant have...1. telescoping stock 2. mag capacity greater than 15 rounds 3. bayonet lug 4. flash hider

im only using the gun for target shooting

my price range is $850-$900
    I'm not sure what the NJ ban is like, but the CT ban allowed me to have a BCM upper shipped to my FFL so he could mill the lug off and pin a muzzle brake on. I slapped together a ban compliant lower that consists of a Roggio Arsenal stripped lower I had laying around, a Rock River Arms LPK and a used ACE ARFX-E stock someone on ar15.com was selling for $85.

If you picked up one of the Spike's stripped lowers for $80 and the spikes LPK for $64 at AIMsurplus.com, you could look for an inexpensive ban compliant stock assembly and you'd have built your own lower for well under $250 after shiping and transfer fees. Guys in CT often buy cheap M4 stock assemblies and have them pinned at the length they like. They get a good fit for little money and don't need to worry about rattle because it's pinned. Or you could get an A1 or A2 rifle stock. A new assembly can be had for $55 at midwayusa.com.

Then you could buy a BCM or another high quality complete upper in the $550 range. Add a set of basic handguards, a Magpul back-up iron sight and the muzzle brake of your choice and you are still in the $850-$900 price range for the whole rig. The only thing that would put you over is what your gunsmith would charge to do the compliance work.

$80 - Spike's stripped lower
    $64 - Spike's LPK
    $55 - A2 from Midway
    $533 - My actual cost to have a BCM upper shipped with CH & BCG
    $15-$35 - Plain Jane or MOE Handguards
    $30 - Yankee Hill brake
    $55 - Magpul flip up rear sight
    $835-$855 Total

Obviously shipping is not free, but I think this is a better way to go if only because it's more fun.

I found building my own lower and researching which components I wanted for the upper educational. I am satisfied I got the best I could for my money and I know a lot more about my rifle than I would have if I just bought one at the gunshop.
    Last edited by Durham68; 09-21-10 at 23:24.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Is Stag Arms the only manufacture to build a left ejecting AR?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast