Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Or Stag Arms?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

Luckily for the OP, he has stumbled onto a forum that is full of informed shooters, IP/SME's and folks that are into training.

C4
    Lucky for all of us. Yep.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmaster2k89 View Post
    oh dont worry, im listening to every1's advice but it seems alot of you arent even reading what i said throughout the forum......IM FROM JERSEY. alot of you are showing me guns that are not legal.

I did call alot of people today and unfortunately colt doesnt have compliant guns and cant custom make any,(this is what customer service said)

--BCM is going to get back to me
    --DD has a compliant gun but its $1500
    --Noveske Had horrible customer service, they kept connecting me to different people and in the end didnt have a compliant gun for me

--LMT i did find one that i might be interested in

--**** I found a S&W MP15 for 820 new **** this im interested in for sure.
    --Sabre defence...not what im lookin for. thats everything to the left of the chart.
    You can have the "illegally" set up gun sent to an ffl and re-worked to be legal for some extra $ if you so wish to. I do understand what you are saying though. Good luck with your purchase!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    IF your willing to spend $900.00 on a piece of shit rifle that WILL have problems, why would you not opt to spend less, the same amount or $100.00 more for a top tier quality rifle that has a much smaller percentage chance of having problems? It makes no sense at all! Shooting paper or not why not get a better rifle for the same or just a bit more; it seems downright weird to me that you wouldn't see the inherent value in getting a higher quality rifle that will retain its value much better and is actually built correctly with proper materials adhering to the TDP.
    Do whatever you like but you've been given some great info here from people in the know and people have even found you rifle components you could assemble (Assemnling/building your own is no problem at all) yourself and save big $.

These threads always turn into beating a dead horse.
    the rifles i found were actually less than 900 and dont u think thats y i came here b4 i actually bought it?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The DD guns I listed are sold by dealers, not DD. If you go direct to DD then of course you pay retail.

Why not contact those dealers and ask if they could modify the gun to make it complaint? It can't be a big deal - just cut off the bayo lug, pin the flash hider, and remove the PMAG and replace it with a 10 round mag.

The same would go for the dealers on gunbroker offering Colts. Not all of them could do the modifications, but most can and that will usually be easier, faster and cheaper than special ordering a ban-compliant gun right from the factory.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Lucky for all of us. Yep.
    For certain. If you know of a more technical forum where the members (as a whole) are more informed this one, please provide the link (as I am always looking for the most technical/knowledgeable forums to read.)

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 09-22-10 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Does the NJ ban allow for a pre-ban configured upper to be shipped to a gunsmith/gunshop (maybe with a manufacturers license) to have the compliance work done?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    You can have the "illegally" set up gun sent to an ffl and re-worked to be legal for some extra $ if you so wish to. I do understand what you are saying though. Good luck with your purchase!
    ok thanks. i have looked into this actually. still tryin to find a dealer that will do everything from removing the lug, and pinning the stock. im looking mostly in PA though cause alot of the dealers here in jersey wont even take the parts if anything is illegal.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    oh dont worry, im listening to every1's advice but it seems alot of you arent even reading what i said throughout the forum......IM FROM JERSEY. alot of you are showing me guns that are not legal.

I did call alot of people today and unfortunately colt doesnt have compliant guns and cant custom make any,(this is what customer service said)

--BCM is going to get back to me
    --DD has a compliant gun but its $1500
    --Noveske Had horrible customer service, they kept connecting me to different people and in the end didnt have a compliant gun for me

--LMT i did find one that i might be interested in

--**** I found a S&W MP15 for 820 new **** this im interested in for sure.
    --Sabre defence...not what im lookin for. thats everything to the left of the chart.
    ====================

Of all the companies you listed, I think Noveske is the smallest. Most people (like 90%?) have never heard of them and most people don't go top-tier right off the bat. For one of their CS people to not know, it must be a very unusual request for them. Probably too small a market for them. BUT they have excellent CS and have been most helpful everytime I've talked with them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    the rifles i found were actually less than 900 and dont u think thats y i came here b4 i actually bought it?
    I was using $900.00 dollars as most stag and BM rifles I see are in that price range. No harm on my end intended; it just looked to me like you were argueing against the rifles price, not that it is compliant to your state laws or not; I must've misunderstood.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    The DD guns I listed are sold by dealers, not DD. If you go direct to DD then of course you pay retail.

Why not contact those dealers and ask if they could modify the gun to make it complaint? It can't be a big deal - just cut off the bayo lug, pin the flash hider, and remove the PMAG and replace it with a 10 round mag.

The same would go for the dealers on gunbroker offering Colts. Not all of them could do the modifications, but most can and that will usually be easier, faster and cheaper than special ordering a ban-compliant gun right from the factory.
    i asked them on the phone if they could make them compliant, some did say they could like LMT and DD said they could.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast