Thread: LMT MRP Conversion Question

Feedback Score

LMT MRP Conversion Question

Hello, my name is Jeremi and I am new to the forums here.

Ok I came here to look justification in buying a Stag 8 Piston and while I haven't been completely sold off of that, the amateur gunsmith in me came up with a new idea from reading all the various posts here. And I have read many. So here is the deal. I have several quality firearms (Sabre AR, Bushmaster A2 Match, M1A, Garand, and Savage 10, to name a few) which I have yet to have an issue with. I'm not going to pretend I run them as hard as many of the guys here do, but now I want a piston AR, but I don't feel the kinks have been worked out yet and there are still too many different proprietary systems out their so I want a few weaker ones to be weeded out over the next couple years. If I were to buy another DI AR it would have to be an 18inch barrel, since I don't have one and it would be a great mix of the two I already have. So I was thinking of getting an LMT CQB MRP with the quick barrel change system. That way I could add the 18 inch barrel, but I was also wondering if with this same system, how easy it would be to add a piston. It seems that all that would be required is an MRP compatible piston barrel, the actual piston, and the piston BCG. Can I get your thoughts please?

Feedback Score
    It's very easy.

Should take about 2 minutes tops.

This is all there is to it

Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Groovy, actually just saw that on their sight, so it will be that easy. Excellant. Since this is technically an aftermarket conversion are there any issue you are aware of. A lot of the data I read is pretty old.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theforge View Post
    Since this is technically an aftermarket conversion are there any issue you are aware of. A lot of the data I read is pretty old.
    Factory.
    http://www.lewismachine.net/media/Pi...20Brochure.pdf