Thread: It's your fault shadow65!

Feedback Score

It's your fault shadow65!

You've made such great reports on the CMMG that I ended up having to order an M4 LE upper. I didn't upgrade to the stainless bolt. I'm going to wait until all the new goodies are available and then replace the whole bolt assembly with stainless. I already have 2 TacSols and a Nordic, so I need another .22 like I need an extra hole in the head. A while back I sent CMMG one of my TacSol uppers so they could test it with their BHOA. That was a failure - the upper wouldn't close on the lower with the BHOA in place. They promised me a free BHOA if I ever got one of their uppers, so I'm going to hold them to it! They wrote a note on the invoice that the BHOAs were going to ship next week and they would send me one.

These guys ship amazing fast. I ordered the upper on 9/20 and when I got home from work yesterday the 21st, the box was on my front porch. I only live a couple of hundred miles from their factory, but it really surprised me to get it so quickly. I hope mine works out as good as yours.

Tom
    Last edited by rman43; 09-22-10 at 07:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BRD is bad
    I'm sure yours will function just like mine.
    The BHOA's got held up from the finisher. They were supposed to be ready 2 weeks ago.
    Let me know how it runs. Only suggestion I would make with the parked version is to run a few rounds through it for break in.
    I hope you enjoy it.

Shipping is very fast. I live about 300 miles away and get stuff the next day.
    Dave
    Last edited by shadow65; 09-22-10 at 13:27.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    You're right about the BRD - 2 years ago I had none, now I have 5! It is a nice looking upper. I'll have to clean it up before I shoot it though. It was really packed in heavy oil. It may be a little while before it gets to the range. I've got an accuracy testing project going with the Nordic upper. When I get through with that, I'll give it a try a let you know how it works.

Tom