Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 Grip Screw Recommendation

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Source For Colt Slotted Grip Screws

Colts new custom shop web site has either their standard blue or matte blue grip screws for $7.00 for a set of 4 compared to other distributors who hit you for 4.95 a copy. Greg

Feedback Score
    I to have experienced head seperation with hex head screws. And these were from several major players, NOT John Masen parts.
    I prefer the narrow slot screws.
    Use a quality screwdriver that fits well, not a butterknife, and the slots do not get screwed up.
    Cheap-Fast-Good
    Pick any two.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Slotted screwheads for me. I've stripped out enough of the hex versions that there is no reason to use them

Feedback Score
    Another vote for thin slotted screws here.

Of late, I've been getting mine from Heirloom Precision...good stuff!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i love this site. I got the fancy pants, radiation torx screws with my multicam grips from VZ, I think I'll be swapping to flat heads soon.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had a problem with my TRP grips coming loose and the grips seemed to not tighten real tight. I tried the 10-8 screws and they work like none I've ever tried. I bought some extras to keep on hand when my others strip out.

Try the 10-8 screws. They make me

Feedback Score
    I recently purchased a set of Swenson slotted grip screws in blue. The slots are too narrow to use with a case rim like the 10-8. The flat head screwdriver on my multi-tool fits fine. The finish is a satin blue... not quite high polished blue, but it is no where near matte parkerized.

They are really inexpensive... $2.39 per 4 with a Midway dealer discount.

Install them with a little clear finger nail polish or Loc-tite on the threads. They backed out on me at the range.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another vote for the 10-8 grip screws.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the 10-8 grip screws. The original GI screw design is the best ever made. Being able to tighten them up with a Leatherman tool or a cartridge rim is pretty handy, and the 10-8 screws are probably the best-made rendition of this design.

Feedback Score

I found these to be quite good...

Hogue grip screws. I bought them from Midway, but I'm sure you could find them elsewhere too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tnumber=463414

If you ever wind up destroying the bushing as I have (I'm still pissed at myself over this), check these out:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tnumber=734065

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12