Thread: Matched pair of Wilson Combat Protectors, for a matched pair of shooters!

Feedback Score

Matched pair of Wilson Combat Protectors, for a matched pair of shooters!

Ryan Wilson, Bill's son, is the Vice President of WC, and runs things around here on a day to day basis. He, and his lovely wife Christine, are attending the Rogers Shooting School in a couple of weeks, so the shop built up a couple of blasters for them to take....

More information and pics(!) on this project are on our blog .....

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/caliber...-perfect-pair/
    Often Imitated-NEVER Duplicated
    Wilson Combat Online Representative
    m4carbine.net SITE SPONSOR
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very nice, though I would be very hesitant to trust a 9mm 1911 to a 3 day 2000 round class Rogers class. Let us know how the reliability works out.

Feedback Score
    Insert pitty glock comment here.

A nice pair.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    those are some beautiful looking guns.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    Very nice, though I would be very hesitant to trust a 9mm 1911 to a 3 day 2000 round class Rogers class. Let us know how the reliability works out.
    I'm guessing since it's his name on the roll mark he trust them OK.

Feedback Score
    NICE! Why 9mm vs 38 super or 45?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've never had much luck with 9mm 1911's, and apparently I'm not the only one. Just look up what the well know smiths and trainers say about them. That being said, I'd love to have a 9mm 1911 that ran reliably. What a great setup that would be. I could stay with the 1911 platform, but shoot 9mm for more affordable practice.

I'll tell ya what - if they honestly make it through Rogers school without any malfunctions, I'll order one!
    Last edited by STS; 09-23-10 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Man it must be nice to have a custom shop at your disposal!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    I've never had much luck with 9mm 1911's, and apparently I'm not the only one. Just look up what the well know smiths and trainers say about them. That being said, I'd love to have a 9mm 1911 that ran reliably. What a great setup that would be. I could stay with the 1911 platform, but shoot 9mm for more affordable practice.

I'll tell ya what - if they honestly make it through Rogers school without any malfunctions, I'll order one!
    I bought a Nighthawk Talon II in 9mm back when Ron Phillips was still around so that I could practice with less expensive ammunition. I have to give them credit. After more than 10K it has run flawlessly.

I can't recommend them now though. Too many issues with my Talon in .45. I think Tim and Craig got a little cheap in the parts department.

So I bought a CQB for a carry gun. Could not be happier!!!

Must have lucked out with the 9mm.