Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Rhino Revolver

Feedback Score

Chiappa Rhino Revolver

The Chiappa Rhino is a lot like a Lamborghini with its exotic Italian design, advanced engineering, and of course: blistering speed. With this snub-nose revolver, you can send six rounds of .357 magnum down range in 1.39 seconds-- with a minimal amount of felt recoil. Kick is mitigated thanks to the bottom chamber firing position. Although the Rhino looks like it came off the set of Blade Runner, the unique styling has really grown on me.

The first thing you notice about the Chiappa Rhino is the position of its barrel: at the bottom of the cylinder. This form follows function and allows shooters to align the bore with their index finger naturally. The synthetic grips are very comfortable and allow you to get a really high purchase on the weapon. The Rhino's forward-thinking design also introduces radical improvements to the internal mechanisms over a conventional revolver. These features afford the Chiappa Rhino superb reliability, a super-smooth action, and improved safety. Its hexagonal-shaped cylinder creates a flatter profile ideal for carrying the weapon concealed.

The Chiappa Rhino revolver is chambered for the potent .357 magnum, a perennial favorite. While shooting the video, we fired 100 rounds of Magtech 125gr .38 Special +P. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhozHQWM8o ) It functioned flawlessly and was a pleasure to shoot. I rarely shoot more than 25 rounds with my S&W 642 during a trip to the range. With +P ammo, it's just brutal. Not so with the futuristic Rhino revolver! However, it does weigh in a bit more than the featherweight Smith & Wesson: 1.58lbs, unloaded. The frame is made of Ergal, an aircraft grade aluminum alloy and although the Rhino is an Italian import, the final fit and finish work is done here in the USA.

The eccentric design of the Chiappa Rhino is not for everyone, but I believe the weapon will enjoy a cult following for many years to come. It's something different and there are shooters that will appreciate its elegant balance of form and function.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and video. Special thanks to Crazy Bill and Cisco for their help at the range. Have a good one and God bless.
    -- Evan

Evan Kostreva
    Owner
    onpointfirearms

Feedback Score

Evan Kostreva
    Owner
    onpointfirearms

Feedback Score

Evan Kostreva
    Owner
    onpointfirearms

Feedback Score

Evan Kostreva
    Owner
    onpointfirearms

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    It certainly look unique, and probably appeals to a small niche market.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Can you show it side-by-side with a S&W 442/642, and/or an LCR? Also, how are they priced? Video was good, definitely less recoil and flip then a normal snubby.

Feedback Score
    It's definitely larger than the 642. Sorry, didn't take pics of that comparison. The Rhino is just a bid smaller than a G26-- but a bit wider, of course.
    Evan
    Evan Kostreva
    Owner
    onpointfirearms

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Thanks, that gives me some idea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kinda looks like a Meteba Auto Revolver, especially the uh... cylinder. (if it can be called that now hehe)
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It was designed by the same guy that did the Mateba.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast