Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CarrierComp Picatinny Top Rails for Benelli M4 Shotguns Now Shipping

Feedback Score

CarrierComp Picatinny Top Rails for Benelli M4 Shotguns Now Shipping

CarrierComp quietly started shipping their $60 high-quality replacement picatinny top rail for Benelli M4s this week. These will solve the problem of the factory rails being flimsy and out of spec, ruining quality optics. They also don't hang over the side of the receiver like other replacement top rails that interfere with whatever side saddle you might want to use. Needless to say, this is great news for Benelli owners. But I'd order soon. Word has it that only a handful will be shipping out before the backorders start.

http://shop.carriercomp.com/product....6&categoryId=5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    CarrierComp quietly started shipping their $60 high-quality replacement picatinny top rail for Benelli M4s this week. These will solve the problem of the factory rails being flimsy and out of spec, ruining quality optics. They also don't hang over the side of the receiver like other replacement top rails that interfere with whatever side saddle you might want to use. Needless to say, this is great news for Benelli owners. But I'd order soon. Word has it that only a handful will be shipping out before the backorders start.

http://shop.carriercomp.com/product....6&categoryId=5

Thanks for the heads up. I need to see if they will do one in there desert tan to match my cameo M4.

Feedback Score
    Received mine just a few days after placing the order. It's badass! Now I just have to get an Aimpoint Micro to place atop it.

Feedback Score

Good info

Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Received mine just a few days after placing the order. It's badass! Now I just have to get an Aimpoint Micro to place atop it.
    While doing a product search I found this thread. I especially appreciate it when people actually share good reviews, and not just bad ones. Helped me find this outfit I'd never heard of, www.cariercomp.com , small but their customer service and quality rivals the big dogs. It is obvious after holding and installing their products they care about what they build and sell.

I bought a Desert Tan Benelli M4 shotgun and this Carriercomp picatinny rail for my Sig STS-081 red dot sight. Very nice upgrade. I'd like to add that the customer service after personally speaking with Kip Carrier (the owner I believe) at Carrier Comp sealed the deal. Top notch!! He knows his stuff on these scatterguns.

After my 1st success I decided to give their 7rd full length titanium magazine tube a try as well. Will post pictures of the installed unit when I can.
    Now it looks and performs fantastic. Points quick thanks to the Titanium diet. Fit and finish are way above what I'd expected.

Just ordered a Mesa Tactical stock for it too for 922r compliance. will update when it arrives.
    Nice forum and thanks for the info Aggie!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    While doing a product search I found this thread. I especially appreciate it when people actually share good reviews, and not just bad ones. Helped me find this outfit I'd never heard of, www.cariercomp.com , small but their customer service and quality rivals the big dogs. It is obvious after holding and installing their products they care about what they build and sell.

I bought a Desert Tan Benelli M4 shotgun and this Carriercomp picatinny rail for my Sig STS-081 red dot sight. Very nice upgrade. I'd like to add that the customer service after personally speaking with Kip Carrier (the owner I believe) at Carrier Comp sealed the deal. Top notch!! He knows his stuff on these scatterguns.

After my 1st success I decided to give their 7rd full length titanium magazine tube a try as well. Will post pictures of the installed unit when I can.
    Now it looks and performs fantastic. Points quick thanks to the Titanium diet. Fit and finish are way above what I'd expected.

Just ordered a Mesa Tactical stock for it too for 922r compliance. will update when it arrives.
    Nice forum and thanks for the info Aggie!
    Excellent! Glad to hear you had a good experience. I agree that everything Kip Carrier makes seems to be amazing. Guy is a perfectionist. He's supposedly going to be coming out with an oversized bolt handle sometime soon too.

Feedback Score
    Stock should be here Friday.
    From the pictures it looks a different color tan than any of the colors Benelli used. Hopefully it is a standard color, like DuraCote Coyote tan maybe, if my monitor image matches what is in the box. Hmmm. If it's too far off I could paint the gun to match the stock.
    Oh cooool. AggiePhil. I'll give him a ring tomorrow and see if he has any charging knobs in stock. Didn't see them listed.
    Last edited by Lima; 03-16-11 at 01:01.

Feedback Score

Coming Together

Called Kip, he has the Carriercomp Benelli M4 Titanium hybrid bolt knobs AggiePhil mentioned. He described them as Generation II which is reported to be a hybrid of tool steel and titanium. As I understood the portion that inserts into the bolt doubles as a disassembly tool of the gas system according to the Benelli owners manual, so it has to be more abrasion resistant than titanium alone. He made that portion from heat treated A2 tool steel. The outer part, or knob is titanium so the gross weight is still less than the stock knob. The guy seems to be a stickler for perfection, functional detail, and precision. Every review I can find on his outfit going back over 5 years gives high marks.

The Urbino stock came in. It does appear to be Coyote Tan. Still thinking about having the gun painted to match. I live in lower Alabama so I might drop off the gun at Carriercomp to let him install his titanium mag tube, and re-coat my entire gun to match the stock.
    My experience with Mesa Tactical has also been great. I only got their stock due to 922r concerns, but apparently the hammer and/or disconnector will soon have a US made offering, which would have been a cheaper option. At least I can shoot it without being in violation. The mag tube, follower, and stock bring it into compliance.
    Still intend to post pictures as it materializes.
    Last edited by Lima; 03-20-11 at 13:05.

Feedback Score
    The Urbino stock will be a better stock all around. The Benelli stock is way too long. You made the right choice.

Feedback Score
    The bottom pic is my Cameo M4 with Kips 7rd FDE tube. The color match is almost the same. Just wanted you guys to see how it looked. I would like to also get one of the top rails, if he offered them in the same color. Kip is a great guy to work with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    Not too hijack the thread: Don't understand why a Mesa Tactical stock for 922r compliance.

Are you concerned that the extended tube with pistol grips is non 922r compliant and if so why?

http://freedomfightertactical.com/pr...li-m4-shotgun/
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 06-08-11 at 07:12.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast