Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CarrierComp Picatinny Top Rails for Benelli M4 Shotguns Now Shipping

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    FYI...Kip and Geissele are getting together on some 922r compatible things.
    Last edited by WS6; 06-08-11 at 07:03.

Feedback Score
    In two weeks Kip will have Geissele 922R compliant U.S. manufactured hammers for the M4. These are stock replacement hammers. No performance upgrade but a good quality tool steel hammer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sagmill View Post
    In two weeks Kip will have Geissele 922R compliant U.S. manufactured hammers for the M4. These are stock replacement hammers. No performance upgrade but a good quality tool steel hammer.
    Where did you get your 2-week estimate? I have gotten time estimates from Kip before, and the guy is awesome and so is his work, but his time estimates are definitely estimates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Where did you get your 2-week estimate? I have gotten time estimates from Kip before, and the guy is awesome and so is his work, but his time estimates are definitely estimates.
    Just found this;

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/show...014#post155014

Apparently he has been compiling a contact list of interested parties, and appears to be on track to come through again, with outside help this time. Nice to see he doesn't source parts from China. Working with Geissele demonstrates what I've heard and seen, Kip's penchant for perfection.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Not too hijack the thread: Don't understand why a Mesa Tactical stock for 922r compliance.
    Are you concerned that the extended tube with pistol grips is non 922r compliant and if so why?
    An import stock counts against 922r with or w/o a pistol grip. The pistol grip counts as an additional strike if it is seperate, as is the case on the collapsible stock.
    I had the full length tube and follower... But one more item was needed for a fixed stock M4. I got the Urbino stock not knowing the Carriercomp / Geissele hammer project would materialize this soon.

No regrets though. The Urbino fits me better and represents a refinement for my use, not just a swap like the follower or hand guards.
    Now the Geissele hammer swap, that has the potential to be an upgrade compliance part, just like the titanium tube or Urbino stock. Win-win.

There are several sources of 922r data, for the Benelli M4 this one has never lead me astray;
    http://www.carriercomp.com/FAQ.html
    Last edited by Lima; 06-10-11 at 06:04.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    Just found this;

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/show...014#post155014

Apparently he has been compiling a contact list of interested parties, and appears to be on track to come through again, with outside help this time. Nice to see he doesn't source parts from China. Working with Geissele demonstrates what I've heard and seen, Kip's penchant for perfection.
    Kip is an obsessive perfectionist. Those A2/Ti bolts and 1913 rails took well over a year from mention to production. I'm just trying to caution people that when Kip starts a project, he might take longer than estimated to finish it in the name of perfection. However, since he is co-oping this with Geissele, I do suspect the time estimate will be close to accurate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Kip is an obsessive perfectionist. Those A2/Ti bolts and 1913 rails took well over a year from mention to production. I'm just trying to caution people that when Kip starts a project, he might take longer than estimated to finish it in the name of perfection. However, since he is co-oping this with Geissele, I do suspect the time estimate will be close to accurate.
    True.
    The hammer only took Geissele 6 months... fast compared to Kip, but it sounds like hammers are Geissele's specialty so that helped.
    From mention of the rails and knobs per forum member's requests, which Kip had not built before, I'd say finishing the race at all was decent of him. Other companys built their own versions, but Kip seems to have built what forum members specifically asked for.
    Wish he hadn't stepped back from the titanium body C-Stocks though Probably deferred to lower cost compliance items??? Especially since C-Stocks are much easier (cheaper) as of late.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    An import stock counts against 922r with or w/o a pistol grip. The pistol grip counts as an additional strike if it is seperate, as is the case on the collapsible stock.
    I had the full length tube and follower... But one more item was needed for a fixed stock M4. I got the Urbino stock not knowing the Carriercomp / Geissele hammer project would materialize this soon.

No regrets though. The Urbino fits me better and represents a refinement for my use, not just a swap like the follower or hand guards.

Now the Geissele hammer swap, that has the potential to be an upgrade compliance part, just like the titanium tube or Urbino stock. Win-win.

There are several sources of 922r data, for the Benelli M4 this one has never lead me astray;
    http://www.carriercomp.com/FAQ.html
    Thanks for the link, great source.

Edit: sitting here with a few olives I was thinking will the hammer|trigger project also have all the springs (if required)?
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 06-10-11 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    True.
    The hammer only took Geissele 6 months... fast compared to Kip, but it sounds like hammers are Geissele's specialty so that helped.
    From mention of the rails and knobs per forum member's requests, which Kip had not built before, I'd say finishing the race at all was decent of him. Other companys built their own versions, but Kip seems to have built what forum members specifically asked for.
    Wish he hadn't stepped back from the titanium body C-Stocks though Probably deferred to lower cost compliance items??? Especially since C-Stocks are much easier (cheaper) as of late.
    Yes. User "Duggan" and myself "unobtanium" found out the expensive way that larue and benelli did not play well together. Kip began work on the rails soon after. They are 7075 alloy and it took him a while to source it in adequate size/shape. Then he had to get the bases machine to perfectly match the contour of the receiver so it would not warp it like mesa tactical's junk when you tighten it beyond a few inch pounds. Then they had to be tIII anodized.

The ti bolts are Kip's second run. He made them based off of design concepts' bolt. It is all but identical. The reason Kip did this was that dc's bolt was perfect nearly--but out of production, with the owner now in Iraq last we spoke. Kips first run was an all ti copy, basically. They were given to certain people in certain places to see how they liked them. They worked perfectly, but the tips were prone to slightly reforming during cycling, so Kip purchased a heat treating machine and some a2 steel. Ask him how the tang is held to the bolt and you will get a ton of info, lol. Long story short, its not coming off and the method is almost exotic as the ti if he did it how he told me he would.

Kip's production cost on a ti col. Stock was estimated at around $500. The oem is a very good component and Kip felt that the ti stock was about the most expensive path to 922r compliance while offering no benefit besides. He abandoned the project for the foreseeable future.

His ti tubes are held to .0001" tolerance in the thread region. Kip uses aerospace specs on most "critical" things when feasible. This does mean more blems though, but he makes wind chimes out of them, so no fear of getting one : )

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Benelli M4

Just came across this thread and it speaks to a couple of questions about Carrier Comp.That said I'm looking at the charging handle and the choke/muzzle break device.
    Any troops have any "hands on" with either part?
    All his reviews are positive, so my confidence is high.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast