Sig - 1911 Tac Ops
    Colt - 01980RG XSE
    Kimber - Tac Entry II
    STI - Duty One
    Other - Nighthawk GRP

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    for what intended purpose? no one can answer till you do
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I will be carrying this weapon with me at night. I do a lot of traveling for my company and also carry deposits for them. I really like the 1911 type pistol, but the one I have is a full race gun that I use to shoot pins (bowling) with at a local range. Size does not matter as it will be in the car with me most of the time. I also want a blacked out one, as I do not want to draw a lot of attention to it when I am carrying it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am pretty partial to Springfield so I would say the TRP. The nighthawk is a nice gun but way over priced. For what you get Colt is also over priced. The sig is a decent gun, but holsters can be a bitch to find.

I have never used a Duty one, but all of the other STI guns I have played with are nice, so they would be a close second. I personally wouldn't touch anything from Kimber with a 10' pole unless it was a series 1 when they were made in Clackamas.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    I currently have three--a SA tricked out gun built in the early 90's, a Charles Daly SS which I had to have a smith fix the f'ed up sear, and a 1943 dated Remington Rand M1911A1----guess which ones my favorite......

JMB created a greated semi-auto.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JWR075 View Post
    Sorry, I will be carrying this weapon with me at night. I do a lot of traveling for my company and also carry deposits for them. I really like the 1911 type pistol, but the one I have is a full race gun that I use to shoot pins (bowling) with at a local range. Size does not matter as it will be in the car with me most of the time. I also want a blacked out one, as I do not want to draw a lot of attention to it when I am carrying it.
    Personally I would follow what DocGKR has suggested. I would stay away from the 1911 platform unless it was well built and vetted(Cylinder & Slide for example), and look at a S&W M&P with an Apex DCAEK kit.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This has been beaten to death.

B_C