Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Alternatives to a Kimber

Feedback Score
    I appreciate all of the feedback and insights on this post. For my Dad's friend I think I'm going to give him a few options and explain them and let him make a decision. These are my current thoughts.

1) Even though he is adament on the M1911, I will recommed S&W M&P 45 and the HK 45. Both of these pistols are cheaper and more likely to run well out of the box.

2) If he is still set on a 1911, I will try to push for a lightly used Les Baer, Ed Brown, etc.....

3) If he wants a NIB 1911, I will most likely recommend at springfield TRP or MC operator because both can be had for $1100 to $1400. It seem like the TRP and MC operator are the ones that are most likely to run well out of the box. The DW Valor is another option but they seem a bit pricier.

Another option on this line is to buy a Series 70 Colt for around $850 to $900 fire it and customize it later.

4) If he really wants a Kimber, I will push him toward a non-schwartz safety version such as a series 1 or Kimber Warrior.

Feedback Score
    theres also the Colt Rail Gun. If im not mistaking it is series 80 though, ive heard some very well known gunsmiths speak highly of it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567