Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Colt M4 will not be allowed to compete in Army carbine replacement trials

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I think it will be interesting as several of the likely competitors have already been fielded in some fashion.
    Good point. FN SCAR, HK 416/IAR, KAC M110 (and of course the Colt M4) all are currently being fielded by various .mil entities. It will be very interesting to see who submits what for this competition.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuckatelli View Post
    I can't go into too much detail because I don't think that I was supposed to field strip the gun. for not knowing what I was taking apart, I had no problems putting it back together. I broke it down shotgun and took the BCG out, this is the point where what I was describing to my brother didn't match what I was holding in my hand.

This article is a pretty good description:

http://www.defensereview.com/colt-ad...hybrid-weapon/
    I'm going to take a guess and assume its similar to the ZM/Paraordnance gas system. The DGI aspect should prevent carrier tilt.
    Last edited by Cagemonkey; 09-30-10 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    I'm going to take a guess and assume its similar to the ZM/Paraordnance gas system. The DGI aspect should prevent carrier tilt.
    The parts list mentions a solid carrier key, so it cannot be like the ZM. I think it is like a MAS gas system.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    I'm not familiar with all the options, but some continuous curve systems, like the AK, have that "rock in" versus "straight insertion" which, frankly, sucks ergonomically.
    You can use the same bolt release and straight insertion with a fully curved magazine, KAC did it with their SCAR submissions. All that is required is a new magazine and the mag well has to be cut different. That said, I don't see why you would keep using an M4 lower. Getting rid of the receiver extension and having built in ambi controls would be great improvements in addition to being able to use fully curved mags.
    Dustin

Feedback Score
    Maybe its been posted already:

Does the submission list get released? When?
    Dan Miami, FL

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789